I was practically licking my plate after making Beet Pappardelle With Scallops. It was so good I wanted seconds..and thirds.
I knew it was going to make a tasty meal prep, so I used the leftover beet purée to make this Vegetarian Beet Pappardelle Meal Prep. You can save a lot of time by making the beet purée ahead of time. It can stay in the refrigerator for up to a week and can also be frozen.
When I begin thinking about meal prepping, I always try to think of budget friendly ingredients. And what’s more budget friendly than pasta and vegetables?
In addition to looking for a budget friendly meal prep, I was also searching for colorful ingredients. We eat with our eyes first and the beet purée mixed with pappardelle ads an eye popping color. Besides being beautiful vegetables, they’re also quite good for you too.
5 Health Benefits of Beets
- Rich in vitamins & minerals
- Rich in antioxidants
- Energy boosting
- Healthy for babies (puréed)
I’m always searching for new ingredients to add to meal prep recipes and red beets were perfect for this one. They bring lots of health benefits, bold color, and a delicious, earthy flavor.
When making this Vegetarian Beet Pappardelle Meal Prep, I suggest making the beet purée ahead of time. This recipe will make about two cups of beet purée. Use the leftover beet purée in something like this Beet Pappardelle With Scallops or risotto.
As always, I packed these up in my BPA free, microwave and oven safe glass meal prep containers that I snagged off Amazon. Who else is guilty of buying literally everything off Amazon?
Your co-workers are going to be so jealous when you show up with this for lunch. I know mine were!
Vegetarian Beet Pappardelle Meal Prep
- 3 large beets – peeled & cut into 2” cubes
- 12 oz pappardelle pasta
- 3 ears of fresh corn (cut off the cob)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 7 oz crème fraîche
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup parsley (2 tbs reserved)
- 3 tbs minced shallot
- 3 tbs minced garlic
- 3 tbs Olive oil
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Toss beets in a large mixing bowl with 2 tbs of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast beets for 45 minutes or until they are tender enough to poke with a fork.
- When beets are finished, toss broccoli in a large mixing bowl with 2 tbs olive oil, salt, and pepper, bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a medium sized pan with 1 tbs olive oil on medium-high heat. Once heated, add butter, garlic, and shallot, and apple cider vinegar. Saute until shallot begins to turn translucent, about 1.5 minutes.
- Add beets and saute in the shallot/garlic mixture for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Transfer beets from pan to an immersion blender or food processor with crème fraîche and parsley, purée until smooth.
- Bring a saucepan to a boil, add corn, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Cook pappardelle according to package directions. Drain pot, leaving about 1/4 cup of water in the pot.
- Transfer pappardelle back to pot and mix with 1 cup beet purée.