If you’re like me, when you see a Caprese salad on the menu – you order it. Well, I decided to take matters into my own kitchen and whip up a Caprese Pasta! Using San Giorgio’s thin spaghetti, mozzarella snacking balls, and cherry tomatoes, this is the perfect dish to transition from summer to fall. Caprese Pasta is something to feel good about because it’s light but also comforting, good for any social occasion or just treating yourself!
Fall is all about bringing people together with good food. Between numerous holidays and everyone’s favorite – SWEATER WEATHER – there are plenty of opportunities to cozy up and get together as a community. This Caprese Pasta recipe serves 20, so start sending out the e-vites and get together with your neighbors, family, or friends!
Pasta is my go-to when planning to cook for a large group and this Caprese Pasta can be whipped up in less than 30 minutes. The best part about this Caprese Pasta recipe? It only takes two pots to make! So cleanup is a breeze.
Recently, San Giorgio launched a campaign that will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside when reaching for a box of San Giorgio pasta! The brand officially announced the #SanGiorgio4Good campaign, which serves to warm people to the habit of helping by boiling “community” down to simple, good deeds. As part of that effort, they launched the Buy a Box, Give a Meal program where for a limited time between August and September for every purchase of San Giorgio pasta, the brand donated a serving of pasta to an area food bank.
Check out some of the SanGiorgio4Good stories on their Facebook page and feel free to share how your community gives back.
What better way to celebrate National Pasta Month than with Caprese Pasta that also gives back to the community? Tell me how you celebrated National Pasta Month or giving back to the community in the comments below and be sure to use #SanGiorgio4Good!
- For added flavor, marinate mozzarella balls in olive oil, rosemary, basil, Italian and herb seasoning.
- Add balsamic glazed chicken for added protein and flavor!
- 6 boxes San Giorgio thin spaghetti
- 20 cups cherry tomatoes
- 6 containers of mozzarella snacking balls (8 oz each)
- Grated Parmesan cheese to taste
- 2 ½ cans tomato paste (15 oz each)
- 3 yellow onions, diced
- 2 heads garlic, minced
- 3 cups freshly torn basil
- 1 ½ cups oregano, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
- Cook pasta according to box directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet with ¼ cup olive oil on medium heat. Add cherry tomatoes, onions and garlic and cook until tomatoes are soft enough to easily smash with the back of a wooden spoon. Lightly smash all the tomatoes (this part is fun!)
- Add tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt & pepper. Continue cooking until sauce begins to lightly boil.
- When pasta is finished cooking, drain and toss with sauce. Add mozzarella balls, top with Parmesan and fresh basil.
Check out more of my recipes here.