Subscription meal delivery services are in right now and there are a lot of choices. So how do you choose one to try out of all those options? They all seem relatively similar, right? Someone does the thinking and the prep for you and ships it all right to your door.
Well, they’re not all the same inside and I’ve partnered with Terra’s Kitchen to tell you about my experience and offer my followers $35 off their first order. Keep reading to find out how!
Most ingredients from meal subscription services are packed in brown boxes with ice packs. I’ve opened a few boxes to find ingredients that had already gone bad or ingredients that went bad shortly after putting them away. Terra’s Kitchen provides a large menu with so many options to choose from, while other meal subscription services might provide a very limited menu.
With New Years approaching, it’s the perfect “excuse” (because apparently people need excuses for this) to kick your health into shape and start eating meals with whole ingredients that don’t just taste good but are also good for you.
In my first delivery I got Grilled Lemon Chicken and Loaded Couscous Bowls, Wagyu Beef Ramen, and Grilled Chicken Tacos With Avocado Goat Cheese Sauce. Each meal comes with enough ingredients for two servings, and since I was on a time crunch this week, I made the couscous bowls Wednesday morning before work to take for lunch. That’s one of my favorite things about Terra’s Kitchen, each meal is ready in 30 minutes!
Want $35 off your first order? Just enter the promo code ‘JZEATS’ when checking out!
Grilled Lemon Chicken And Loaded Couscous Bowls
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 lemon
- .5 oz fresh mint
- .5 oz fresh parsley
- .75 oz pistachios
- .3 oz minced garlic
- 5 oz couscous
- 2 oz dried cranberries
- 2 oz diced red onion
- .2 oz honey
- 12 oz chicken tenders
- Prep ingredients: Grate zest from lemon and squeeze juice. Coarsely chop mint and parsley. Chop pistachios.
- Cook couscous: Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add garlic, couscous, cranberries, red onion, and lemon zest. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Grill chicken: While couscous cooks, heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine honey and ONLY half of lemon juice. Rub chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until done, basting with honey-lemon mixture.
- Make vinaigrette: Stir together remaining lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Finish couscous: Add vinaigrette, parsley, mint, and pistachios to couscous, tossing to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To Serve: Chop chicken and divide evenly with couscous between 2 serving bowls