Air Fryer Zucchini—the perfect side. It’s tasty. It’s delicious. It’s 1000% guilt-free. Here’s the side-dish you won’t stop eating!
To me, a meal is not complete without a side dish. Now, I’m not talking potatoes—the ever-famous staple side dish—I’m talking zucchini, and Air Fryer Zucchini at that!
Air Fryer Zucchini Recipe
Zucchini is often underrated and forgotten about, but when prepared right, it’s SO delicious.
To those trying to avoid or work off the quarantine-15 or to those who just enjoy a good veggie—this Air Fryer Zucchini recipe is for you!
It’s super addicting, has a less than a 10 minute cook time, and in my opinion…not meant for sharing!
AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI INGREDIENTS
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- shredded parmesan cheese
*a full list of ingredients and measurements for this recipe can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI
1. Preheat the air fryer to 375° F.
2. Slice the zucchini. Trim the ends of the zucchini and slice in half lengthwise, then in half again to make spears.
3. Season the zucchini. In a small bowl, combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
Lightly spritz the zucchini spears with olive oil spray and evenly dust the seasoning mixture over the zucchini. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and place in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
4. Cook the zucchini. Air fry for 6-8 minutes, until the zucchini and parmesan cheese begin to turn golden brown.
PRO-TIP: make sure you leave room in the basket between each piece of zucchini so it cooks just right and gets a good crisp.
If they are too close together, they will steam up and won’t get crispy.
To avoid the parmesan cheese sticking to the basket, line it with air fryer parchment paper.
Can I Use This Recipe To Make Zucchini Chips?
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips are made very similarly and are one of my favorite go-to snack recipes.
They have a great crunch; perfect when you want to snack but don’t want to find yourself at the bottom of a potato chip bag.
BONUS: Air Fryer Zucchini Chips can be ready in under 15 minutes!
PRO-TIP: If you are looking for air fryer zucchini fries, you can make them the same way, just change the way you cut the zucchini!
Health Benefits of Zucchini
Did you know once upon a time, zucchini was used in old medicine to treat things like colds, aches, and pains? Needless to say, none of that has any science baking.
Zucchini does however have a TON of health benefits!
- Zucchini is nutrient rich!
- High in antioxidants
- Promotes a healthy digestive system
- May help lower/reduce blood sugar levels
- May contribute to a healthy heart and stronger vision
Some Questions you Might Have About This Recipe
Anything I can do to make the recipe healthier?
This recipe is already pretty healthy! However, you can change the oil to coconut or avocado oil if you desire.
You can also leave the cheese out if you are Whole30 or dairy free.
Is air frying healthier than deep-frying?
Yes! Air frying food cuts out 70-80% of the calories and has a lot less fat!
Can I substitute another vegetable?
If you are not a huge fan of zucchini…although I think you should give it a try at least once…you can try this same recipe with yellow squash or eggplant!
Can I make this recipe in the oven?
Yes! If you don’t have an air fryer or would just prefer to make this recipe in the oven you can absolutely do that! Set the oven to 400 F and bake for 12-15 minutes.
More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes To Try
Air Fryer Recipes Main Dishes You Might Like
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken
- Chicken Tenders
- Blackened Salmon Rice Bowls
- Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
WANT TO TRY THIS AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI RECIPE?
PIN IT to your air fryer recipes, zucchini recipes, or vegetarian recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Air Fryer Zucchini
- Preheat the air fryer to 375° F. Trim the ends of the zucchini and slice in half lengthwise, then in half again to make spears.
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Lightly spritz the zucchini spears with olive oil cooking spray and evenly dust the seasoning mixture over the zucchini. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and place in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook for 6-8 minutes, until the zucchini and parmesan cheese begin to turn golden brown.
- Grated parmesan cheese can be used, but it won’t melt and get crispy like shredded parmesan cheese.