Mexican Sweet Potatoes
Step out of the box with these tasty Mexican Sweet Potatoes loaded with all the best flavors in Mexican cuisine. One bite perfection is here!
- 1 large sweet potato*, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup frozen white corn
- 1.5 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced or cubed
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 400° F and grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the sliced sweet potatoes in a large mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange the seasoned sweet potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet with a little room in between each one and bake for 12-15 minutes, until they start to brown around the edges. You might need to work with two baking sheets.
Transfer the potatoes to a 12'' cast iron skillet and layer with frozen corn and shredded cheese. Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Remove the skillet from the oven and top with sliced jalapeño, avocado, red onion, and cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Longer and skinnier sweet potatoes are best for this recipe. If you can't find a large one, 2 smaller ones will work.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 362mg | Potassium: 539mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 8387IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 506mg | Iron: 1mg