Red Wine Mushrooms
Delicious Red Wine Mushrooms make for a perfect, simple side dish! Sautéed with fresh herbs and butter, this vegetable side dish is a win.
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 white onion, very thinly sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Heat a large non-stick pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil and 3 tbsps of butter over medium heat.
Place the mushrooms in the pan, stem side down and cook 12-15 minutes, until mushrooms have softened and release their juices.
Flip the mushrooms and add the onion, garlic, and 2 tbsps butter. Cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions start to brown. Add the wine, balsamic vinegar, and half the herbs. Season with salt and pepper, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Garnish the mushrooms with the remaining herbs and serve.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 617mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 958IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 2mg