Sesame Ginger Chicken With Lime
This DELICIOUS Sesame Ginger Chicken is the best Asian-style chicken out there. With only 5 minutes of prep time, you'll have dinner on the table in no time!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup sesame oil, more for sauteing
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon tuxedo sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Trader Joe's Umami Seasoning, optional
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions, to garnish
Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.
Cut 1/2 inch slits on the top of the chicken breast to let the marinade penetrate deeper and place in a gallon storage bag with the marinade for at least 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
Heat a cast iron pan with 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil over medium-low heat. Place the chicken in the pan with all of the marinade and cook the chicken for 10 minutes on each side or until it's completely cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165 F. Garnish with green onions and more sesame seeds.
Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 301mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 94IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg