This DELICIOUS Sesame Ginger Chicken is the best Asian-style chicken out there. With only 5 minutes of prep time, you’ll have dinner on the table in no time!
I’m a big fan of Asian flavors and an even bigger fan of easy to make chicken recipes. So this recipe is the best of both worlds!
These chicken breasts have that sweet and salty thing going on that is so common in Asian-style recipes. It’s also got a nutty flavor from the sesame seeds and fragrant ginger.
With only 5 minutes of prep time, you can get the chicken marinating before you even leave for work. It’ll be ready and waiting for you when you get home like the loyal husband you deserve.
Sesame Ginger Chicken Ingredients
This sesame ginger marinade only requires a small handful of ingredients, all of which you can store in your refrigerator or pantry for months! Except the fresh ginger, store that in the freezer just in case you need some sesame ginger chicken like, now.
- sesame oil
- low sodium soy sauce
- fresh lime juice
- sesame seeds
- brown sugar
- onion powder
I also really love to add this umami seasoning to the marinade, but that’s totally optional!
How to make sesame ginger chicken
This is the easiest sesame ginger chicken recipe you’ll ever make! To make this recipe:
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the marinade in a small mixing bowl. If you’re feeling kind of lazy, you can mix them all in the gallon freezer bag you’re going to marinate the chicken in.
- Cut half inch slits in the top of the chicken breast and place it in a gallon storage bag with the marinade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan, like a cast iron, with sesame oil on medium-low heat. Cook the chicken for 10 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F. When finished, remove the chicken from the pan and garnish with sliced green onions and more sesame seeds.
If you’re in the market for a new cast iron pan, this is the one I’ve been using for years!
Serve this chicken over grains, salads, or with vegetables on the side. You can also cut the chicken breasts into cubes and make a stir fry out of it.
Want to try this Sesame Ginger Chicken?
PIN IT to your chicken recipes or easy dinner recipes board to save it for later! Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I'm always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see what you've made! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Sesame Ginger Chicken With Lime
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup sesame oil, more for sauteing
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon tuxedo sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Trader Joe's Umami Seasoning, optional
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions, to garnish
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.
- Cut 1/2 inch slits on the top of the chicken breast to let the marinade penetrate deeper and place in a gallon storage bag with the marinade for at least 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
- Heat a cast iron pan with 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil over medium-low heat. Place the chicken in the pan with all of the marinade and cook the chicken for 10 minutes on each side or until it's completely cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165 F. Garnish with green onions and more sesame seeds.
Leave a Reply