Pesto Chicken Power Bowls
Healthy Chicken Power Bowls are the perfect weeknight dinner recipe and meal prep solution. They're packed with protein and wholesome ingredients!
- 1 cup basil pesto
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 chicken breasts cubed
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup lemon hummus*
- 1 cup homemade roasted red peppers, or store bought
- 1 cup sprouts
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced or cubed
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 lemon, juice
In a large bowl, combine the basil pesto and dijon mustard.
Add the cubed chicken to the bowl, toss to coat, and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
About 15 minutes before you're ready to cook the chicken, remove it from the refrigerator and uncover. Preheat the oven to 400° F and arrange the chicken on a baking sheet in a single layer. Cook the chicken for 12-15 minutes or until internal temperature has reached 165° F.
Spread 1/4 cup of hummus over one side of the bowl. Begin layering the bowl with quinoa, pesto chicken, roasted red peppers, sprouts, and avocado. Garnish with a squeeze of lemon juice and fresh torn basil.
- If you can't find lemon hummus, you can mix in fresh lemon juice and zest to plain hummus or substitute for another flavor like garlic or roasted red pepper.
Calories: 870kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 526mg | Potassium: 578mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 3g | Calcium: 189mg | Iron: 6mg