Tangy Winter Citrus Avocado Green Salad
A Tangy Winter Citrus Avocado Green Salad that is exploding with flavors from blood oranges, pomegranate seeds, avocado, and creamy goat cheese.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time15 mins
For the salad
- 8 oz baby spinach
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds, about 1 pomegranate
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 blood orange, peeled and sliced into wheels
- 1/4 cup honey roasted pecans, I find these in the salad toppers section of my grocery store!
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup crispy wonton strips, I find these in the salad toppers section of my grocery store!
For the vinaigrette
- 1 blood orange, juice
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 1.5 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper (or your favorite all purpose seasoning)
In a large salad bowl, combine spinach, blood oranges, pomegranate seeds, avocado, honey roasted pecans, wonton strips, and goat cheese.
In a small mixing bowl, combine dijon mustard, both olive oils, lemon juice, and seasoning. Drizzle over salad and toss.
Helpful items for this recipe:
Serving: 0g | Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 192mg | Potassium: 592mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 537IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 2mg