Tangy Winter Citrus Avocado Green Salad
A Tangy Winter Citrus Avocado Green Salad that is exploding with flavors from blood oranges, pomegranate seeds, avocado, and creamy goat cheese.
For the salad
- 8 oz baby spinach
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds, about 1 pomegranate
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 blood orange, peeled and sliced into wheels
- 1/4 cup honey roasted pecans, I find these in the salad toppers section of my grocery store!
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup crispy wonton strips, I find these in the salad toppers section of my grocery store!
For the vinaigrette
- 1 blood orange, juice
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 1.5 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper (or your favorite all purpose seasoning)
In a large salad bowl, combine spinach, blood oranges, pomegranate seeds, avocado, honey roasted pecans, wonton strips, and goat cheese.
In a small mixing bowl, combine dijon mustard, both olive oils, lemon juice, and seasoning. Drizzle over salad and toss.
Helpful items for this recipe:
Serving: 0g | Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 192mg | Potassium: 592mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 537IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 2mg