Who says salads are just for the Summer? This Easy Green Salad Recipe has blood oranges, pomegranate seeds, avocados, candied pecans, goat cheese, and crispy wonton strips. It’s refreshing and delicious, and the vinaigrette will blow you away.
I’ve said this before, but I’m a big fan of salads. I think they’re boring and unsatisfying. So, when I whip up a salad I make sure it’s dynamic and encompasses many different flavors and textures. Your tastebuds will never be bored with this one!
Blood orange vinaigrette
As I mentioned above, this vinaigrette will knock your socks off. I’ve been swooning over some flavored olive oils sold by City2Shore Gourmet I discovered a few years ago. Lately, the blood orange flavor has been my favorite. It completely transforms this vinaigrette. If you’re wondering the Blood Orange Olive Oil can be substituted for something else…nope…there is nothing else like it! I swear. You will never find olive oil products like these, and certainly not for this price! Enter JZEATS at checkout for 40% off.
I’ve been making this Blood Orange Salad almost weekly for the past month, it’s that good. I brought it to three holiday parties already and it was a huge hit. Salad recipes with fruit, like this one, are great because the fruit adds so much flavor without being labor intensive.
- You can interchange the fruit in this salad depending on what’s in season.
- Play around with different olive oil flavors in the vinaigrette for more unique tastes, like lemon and basil.
- When butternut squash in season, I love to roast it and add to it this salad.
- For protein, try adding grilled chicken or shrimp.
Want to try this Easy Green Salad Recipe With Blood Orange Vinaigrette?
PIN IT to your salad, healthy, or lunch recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
I recently discovered Organic Girl Super Spinach, which is like baby spinach on steroids. It’s a mix of baby spinach, baby bok choy, and sweet baby kale. It’s full of nutrients and one of the most crisp and tasty lettuce blends I’ve used. If your grocery store doesn’t carry this blend, baby spinach or another one of your favorite lettuce blends will work just fine.
Easy Green Salad Recipe With Blood Orange Vinaigrette
- 5 oz Organic Girl Super Spinach
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 blood orange, cubed
- 1/4 cup honey roasted pecans
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup wonton strips
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute (or your favorite all purpose seasoning)
- 1/2 tbsp Blood Orange Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, blood oranges, pomegranate seeds, avocado, honey roasted pecans, wonton strips, and goat cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine dijon mustard, both olive oils, lemon juice, and seasoning. Drizzle over salad and toss.