Whole30 Blackened Shrimp Tacos
Blackened Shrimp Tacos are a healthy, gluten free, and Whole30 compliant recipe to take your standard cajun shrimp recipe to the next level.
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, about half a lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, more for cooking
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, for garnish
Wraps and Topping Suggestions
- green leaf lettuce, butter lettuce works well too!
- red onion, diced
- mango salsa
Combine all seasoning ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
Toss shrimp and olive oil together in a large mixing bowl. Then add the seasoning and mix until shrimp are fully coated.
Heat a cast iron skillet or non-stick pan on medium-high heat until the pan is hot. Lay shrimp flat in the pan without overlapping them and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until they are opaque. When the shrimp are finished cooking, garnish them with fresh cilantro and lime juice.
Separate the lettuce leaves and assemble the tacos with all your favorite toppings!
*Nutrition information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator.
- If you aren't on Whole30, add 2 tbsps of brown sugar to the seasoning mixture
Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 191mg | Sodium: 900mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1545IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 3mg