Avocado Mango Salsa is colorful and packed with flavor. Grab your chips and party dishes, this dish is a winner!
Avocado Mango Salsa Recipe
It’s sweet, savory, and tangy—and so fresh! This easy mango salsa (with avocado) is going to hit your taste buds in all the right spots.
Pack your bags ladies (and gents), we are heading to a tropical getaway!
…and honestly, who doesn’t need a vacation right about now?
There’s something crave-able about sweet juicy mangos, especially in salsa! Grab the chips, bowls, and margaritas! This mango salsa recipe is bound to impress.
There’s nothing better than homemade salsa, and it comes together in less than 10 minutes!
Mango Salsa Ingredients
Mango: the star of this salsa! If you’re having a tough time finding a ripe mango, you could also substitute for papaya or peach.
Pro-Tip: to find the perfect fresh mango, look for one that is plump and round, slightly soft but not mushy. I find mangos that are more on the unripe side work best in salsas because they are more sturdy.
Avocado: avocado is creamy and can take any salsa to the next level!
Red onion: the diced red onions add a mild bite to the salsa. If you want to minimize the “oniony” flavor, you can marinate them in some olive oil and lime juice while you prep the other ingredients.
Cilantro: fresh cilantro is best for this recipe, if you need a substitute you can use some fresh chopped parsley instead.
Lime: fresh squeezed lime juice adds a nice bright citrusy flavor!
Tomatoes: I used cherry tomatoes for this recipe, however, any tomato you have on hand will work.
Jalapeño: you can control the heat in your salsa by either removing the seeds of the jalapeño or leaving them in! If you want even MORE spice, try using a serrano pepper instead.
How to Make Salsa
1. Add the ingredients to a bowl. Add the red onion, lime juice and zest, and olive oil to a mixing bowl and let it sit while you prep the other ingredients (about 5 minutes).
2. Mix the salsa. Gently mix in the diced mango, avocado, cherry tomatoes, jalapeño, and cilantro.
Spoon into your serving dish and serve!
How to Serve Mango Salsa
No matter how you choose to serve this truly flavorful salsa, it is going to be a winner! Here are some ways I love to serve my salsa:
- Appetizer – grab a serving dish (I love this one) and pair your salsa with tortilla chips or on top of tostadas.
- Topping – over savory dishes like chicken or shrimp.
- Tacos – try it with Shrimp Tacos, Carnitas Tacos, or in a Shrimp Taco Bowl!
I highly recommend serving it with Jalapeño Lime Pan Seared Chicken!
Questions you may have
How long does mango salsa last in the fridge?
Mango salsa will last for about 3 days in the refrigerator.
Pro-Tip: before serving again, stir and refresh the flavors by adding a little splash of lime juice and salt and pepper.
How do you make mango taste better?
There are so many ways to enjoy mangos! Check out some of my other favorite ways to eat mangos:
- Drizzled or dipped in chocolate
- Fruit salad
- Yogurt parfaits
What can I add to salsa for flavor?
Although most salsa recipes call for cilantro, there are many other herbs you can add to salsa to add or change the flavor. You can add:
How do you keep avocado from turning brown?
Avocado’s turn brown when they are exposed to air. To slow down the browning process, brush a little lemon or lime juice across the sliced avocado and seal in an airtight container. This will delay the browning process for roughly a day.
More Recipes You Might Like
- Butternut Squash Mac And Cheese
- Creamy Balsamic Mushroom Risotto
- Weeknight Skillet Chicken
- Air Fryer Meatballs
- Citrus Soy Asian Salmon
WANT TO TRY THIS AVOCADO MANGO SALSA RECIPE?
PIN IT to your salsa recipes or appetizer recipes to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Avocado Mango Salsa
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1 lime, juice & zest
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 jalapeńo, seeds removed and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Add the red onion, lime juice and zest, and olive oil to a mixing bowl and let it sit while you prep the other ingredients (about 5 minutes).
- Gently mix in the mango, avocado, cherry tomatoes, jalapeńo, and cilantro.
- If you’re prepping this salsa ahead of time, wait until just before you serve to add the avocado so it doesn’t brown.