Every Saturday morning before going to the store for the week, I find myself with the same ingredients in my refrigerator. A few eggs, mushrooms, peppers, bacon, potatoes, and an avocado on the verge of going bad.
Wasting food is one of my biggest pet peeves. HELLO there are so many people who would kill to have leftovers! I constantly have “extra” food in my fridge or pantry and am always looking for creative ways to use it before it expires.
That’s where this Easy One Pan Leftover Breakfast Skillet comes in.
Sometimes I get lazy making breakfast on the weekends. It’s so easy to go out and grab a BEC! But there’s nothing like a homemade breakfast on a Saturday morning.
I’m all about an easy to make breakfast that doesn’t leave my kitchen a disaster. This leftover breakfast skillet is made with a few common refrigerator items, and only uses one pan!
For this recipe, you will need a 10″ cast iron pan. I prefer Lodge Cast Iron—their products are great quality and not too expensive. You can usually find them on sale, too!
Easy One Pan Leftover Breakfast Skillet
- 10″ cast iron pan
- Olive oil
- Lemon pepper to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs Tuscan Seafood Sprinkle from Ashman Manufacturing Co
- 3 tbs fresh basil
- 3 tbs fresh parsley (chopped)
- 3 strips thick cut bacon (cooked & chopped)
- 2 sweet potatoes (diced)
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms (sliced)
- 5 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 orange pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/2 avocado (cubed)
- 4 eggs
- Place cast iron in oven and pre-heat to 450
- Toss diced sweet potatoes in medium sized mixing bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, and Ashman House seasoning
- Lay sweet potatoes flat in the pan and bake for about 10 minutes or until they start to crisp
- While the potatoes are baking, toss mushrooms and onions with 2 tbs of olive oil and lemon pepper in the same bowl used for potatoes, then layer over potatoes with bacon, bake for 5 minutes
- Crack all 4 eggs over the skillet and carefully place peppers around them, bake for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked through
- Once eggs are fully cooked, add tomatoes and avocado
- Finish with fresh ground pepper
* Sometimes I place an ovenproof cover over the pan while the eggs bake
* Try serving with a side of toasted baguette!
Check out more of my one pan recipes here.