An easy breakfast skillet made with sweet potatoes, bacon, peppers, eggs, and mushrooms. All made in one pan in 30 minutes!
Every Saturday morning before going to the store for the week, I find myself with the same ingredients left in my refrigerator. A few eggs, mushrooms, peppers, bacon, potatoes, and an avocado on the verge of going bad.
Wasting food is one of my biggest pet peeves. HELLO there are so many people who would kill to have leftovers! I constantly have “extra” food in my fridge or pantry and am always looking for creative ways to use it before it expires.
That’s where this Easy One Pan Leftover Breakfast Skillet comes in.
It’s a one pan recipe, which is one of my favorite things to make. The clean up is easy, the preparation is easy, and you could literally eat this one right out of the pan if you’re in savage mode.
Sometimes I get lazy making breakfast on the weekends. It’s so easy to go out and grab a bacon, egg, and cheese bagel! But there’s nothing like a homemade breakfast skillet on a Saturday morning.
I’m all about an easy to make breakfast that doesn’t leave my kitchen a disaster. This leftover breakfast skillet is made with a few common refrigerator items, and only uses one pan!
For this recipe, you will need a 10″ cast iron pan. I prefer Lodge Cast Iron their products are great quality and not too expensive. You can usually find them on sale, too!
Check out more of my one pan recipes here.
Easy One Pan Leftover Breakfast Skillet
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pepper, can be any color
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup thick cut bacon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place a cast iron skillet in oven and pre-heat to 450.
- Toss sweet potatoes in medium sized mixing bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Lay sweet potatoes flat in the pan and bake for about 10 minutes or until they start to crisp.
- While the potatoes are baking, toss mushrooms and onions with 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt, and pepper in the same bowl used for potatoes, then layer over potatoes with bacon, bake for 5 minutes.
- Crack all 4 eggs over the skillet and carefully place peppers around them, bake for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked through.
- Once eggs are fully cooked, add tomatoes and avocado. Top with fresh chopped basil.