Tender, perfectly cooked Filet Mignon, is made quickly in the air fryer and served with Blue Cheese Butter. This recipe is completely foolproof and comes out perfect every time!
If you’re looking for more air fryer steak recipes, I think you will also love this Jalapeño Lime Air Fryer Steak!
This post was developed in paid partnership with Aspen Ridge Natural Angus Beef. Thank you for being supportive of me working with brands I use and love!
I’ve made this recipe multiple times on my Instagram stories while I was testing it over the last few months and it’s FINALLY coming to life, here on the blog!
Growing up, we lived across the street from one of the best steak houses in town. It was such a treat when my mom took me there for dinner.
I ALWAYS ordered the petite filet mignon, medium rare, with garlic mashed potatoes. It was served on a very hot plate and I always enjoyed cutting up my steak and “cooking” it on the plate.
Best Filet Mignon Recipe
This recipe for Filet Mignon mimics my favorite steak but is made quickly and easily in the air fryer! It’s also topped with a delicious Blue Cheese Butter.
Cook Filet Mignon in the air fryer once, and you will never grill or pan sear it again!
I love how there is virtually no smoke when I cook it this way.
If this is your first time using an air fryer or you just want to learn some new tips and tricks, make sure you check out my Air Fryer 101 post!
Air Fryer Steak Ingredients
Filet mignon – this particular cut of beef is taken from the smaller end of the tenderloin and is the most lean and tender.
Montreal seasoning – this is the simplest way to give your steak a lot of flavor and a nice crust on the outside.
If you want to make your own, you can combine black pepper, garlic powder, salt, paprika, onion powder, ground coriander, dill weed, and crushed red pepper flakes.
Olive oil – when I was testing this recipe, I found that you don’t actually need a complicated marinade with lots of ingredients to make delicious air fryer steaks.
All you need is a little olive oil and a good seasoning blend. When you use high quality beef, like Aspen Ridge, it will have so much natural flavor, you won’t have to add much to it!
Blue cheese butter – I topped mine with a homemade Blue Cheese Butter made with blue cheese, butter, parsley, and garlic. Steak and butter are BFFs; add some blue cheese to the dynamic duo and it’s a PARTY!
How To Cook Filet Mignon
1. Marinate the steaks. Pat the steaks dry with paper towels and generously season both sides with Montreal seasoning. Place the steaks in a shallow dish with olive oil.
Allow them to marinate until they come to room temperature (about 10-15 minutes). This will ensure they cook evenly and also produces juicier, more tender meat.
2. Prepare the Blue Cheese Butter. While the steaks are marinating, combine the butter, blue cheese, parsley, and garlic in a small bowl. Place in the refrigerator for later.
I like to divide the mixture into ice cube molds and freeze them the night before, then place them on the counter to thaw while I cook the steaks.
3. Cook the steaks. Preheat the air fryer to 450° F. Place the steaks in the air fryer basket and cook for 6 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
Steaks should be about 135° F for medium-rare. Transfer the steaks to a foil covered plate to rest for 2 minutes. I like to place the blue cheese butter over the steaks to melt while they are hot and resting.
Aspen Ridge Beef
I partnered with Aspen Ridge Natural Angus Beef because their beef is Certified Humane®, doesn’t have any added hormones or antibiotics, and is sourced from family-owned farms and ranches in the US.
It’s now available at select Weis locations and comes in convenient portion sizes and packaging. Find a Weis location near you to try it for yourself.
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that sourcing the best quality proteins is very important to me. Not only are they better for you, but they taste better and cook better too!
Aspen Ridge beef offers 10 essential nutrients in just one 3-oz cooked serving, 51% of your daily value of protein (25g), and 41% of your daily value of B12.
Questions You Might Have About Cooking Filet Mignon
What does mignon mean in filet mignon?
Filet mignon is a steak cut of beef from the smaller end of the tenderloin. Did you know that in French this cut can also be called filet de boeuf? Filet mignon can also refer to pork tenderloin in French!
What is the difference between beef tenderloin and filet mignon?
Beef tenderloin is the whole piece of meat, while filet mignon is the portion that tapers down at the end of the tenderloin. Filet mignon is pieces cut into rounds from the tenderloin.
What is the most expensive cut of steak?
Filet mignon / beef tenderloin is typically the most expensive cut of steak.
How long should filet mignon be cooked?
For a perfect medium-rare, cook your steak for about 9 minutes total. It really depends on your preference of doneness though. I always recommend checking for doneness with a meat thermometer, as cook times can vary based on appliance.
Steak temperature guide:
- Rare 120-130 F
- Medium rare 130-135 F
- Medium 135-145 F
- Medium well 145-155 F
*For food and safety reasons, the FDA recommends cooking steaks for 145 F.
Questions You Might Have About Air Fryers
Is air fried food healthy?
Air fried foods are better for you because they use far less oil than pan searing and deep frying methods. It can cut calories by 70%-80%.
What is an air fryer and how does it work?
Air fryer technology is similar to convection oven technology. Hot air circulates around the food to cook it quickly.
While some air fryer models have baskets that look similar to a deep frying basket, food is not submerged into hot oil. It’s simply placed in the air fryer basket and baked by the heat flowing around it.
What can you cook in an air fryer?
You can cook just about anything in the air fryer, even desserts! Here are some of my favorite air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Meatballs
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Pistachio Crusted Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Best Air Fryer Bacon
What is the best air fryer to buy?
WANT TO TRY THIS AIR FRYER STEAK RECIPE?
PIN IT to your air fryer recipes, steak recipes, or easy dinner recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Air Fryer Filet Mignon
- 4 (6 oz) Aspen Ridge filet mignon
- 2 tablespoons Montreal seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Blue Cheese Butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pat the steaks dry with paper towels and generously season both sides with Montreal seasoning. Place the steaks in a shallow dish with olive oil. Allow them to marinate until they come to room temperature (about 10-15 minutes). This will ensure they cook evenly and also produces juicier meat.
- While the steaks are marinating, combine the butter, blue cheese, parsley, and garlic in a small bowl. Place in the refrigerator for later. I like to divide the mixture into ice cube molds and freeze them the night before, then place them on the counter to thaw while I cook the steaks.
- Preheat the air fryer to 450° F. Place the steaks in the air fryer basket and cook for 6 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Steaks should be about 135° F for medium-rare.Transfer the steaks to a foil covered plate to rest for 2 minutes. I like to place the blue cheese butter over the steaks to melt while they are hot and resting.
- I always recommend checking for doneness with a meat thermometer. See the tips in the post above for temperature guidelines.