Roasted Mini Potatoes are crispy and flavorful. They’re a quick and delicious side dish that requires minimal effort and yields excellent results!
When I did Whole30, the only things that would satisfy a carb craving were these baby roasted potatoes. I made them at least twice a week and they’re still my go-to veggie side dish!
They’re such an easy side dish made with minimal ingredients and will have the entire family asking for more. Sometimes simple recipes are best!
The Best Roasted Mini Potatoes
Slowly roasting the potatoes brings out their best flavor. It keeps them from drying out on the inside, while leaving them crispy on the outside.
Whenever I make this mini potato recipe, I throw them in about an hour before I’m ready to start cooking dinner.
This is a great time to throw in a load of laundry or get a quick at-home workout in!
These mini potatoes may be small in size but they are exploding with flavor from the fresh chopped herbs! You’ll be surprised at how addicting they are.
Ingredients For Roasted Potatoes
To make these Mini Roasted Potatoes, you’ll need:
- 1 lb mini potatoes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
Fresh herbs are best, but if you can’t get them, you can use dried herbs instead. Although, I highly recommend garnishing the potatoes with fresh chopped parsley!
How To Roast Baby Potatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 365 F.
2. Combine the ingredients. Toss the mini potatoes, garlic, rosemary, parsley, thyme, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a medium sized mixing bowl until the potatoes are fully coated.
3. Bake the potatoes. Add the potatoes to an 8-10” glass baking dish and bake for 45 minutes.
4. Finish baking the potatoes. Remove the potatoes from the oven and toss them in the pan with a wooden spoon, increase heat to 450 F. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until crispy and easy to poke with a fork.
Garnish them with fresh chopped parsley and serve!
What to serve with Mini Roasted Potatoes
You know what else goes really well with these potatoes? Air Fryer Chicken! It’s so good and so juicy, you’ve got to try it.
I don’t know what I would have done if potatoes weren’t allowed in the Whole30 diet! They were pretty much the only thing I could eat that would completely satisfy me with dinner, but you don’t have to be on any sort of diet to enjoy these mini potatoes!
Some Questions You Might Have About Cooking Baby Potatoes
Are Baby Potatoes Healthy?
Potatoes are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants which are all great health benefits. Studies have even linked potatoes to some impressive health benefits like improved blood sugar control and reduced heart disease risk.
Even though potatoes are considered a starchy vegetable, they are high in fiber (when including the skin) and low in calories.
How Should I Store Baby Potatoes?
Baby potatoes like cool, dark places. So storing them in a mesh or paper bag in the refrigerator will keep them happy.
Plastic won’t allow the potatoes to breathe so if you brought them home from the store in one, just be sure to remove them before storing. Properly stored potatoes will last for 4-6 months!
What Is The Best Way To Cook Baby Potatoes?
I love roasting them because the skin gets super crispy, it’s like a better version of a french fry!
You can also boil baby potatoes with the skin on and mash them or make smashed potatoes. Stay tuned, because I have a recipe for smashed baby potatoes coming soon!
More Potato Recipes
- Crispy Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Creamy Whole30 Hasselback Potato Gratin
- Pesto Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
More Whole30 Recipes
- Whole30 Pepper Steak Stir Fry
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Whole30 Mushroom Bolognese
- Egg Roll In A Bowl
- Air Fryer bacon
WANT TO TRY THIS WHOLE30 ROASTED MINI POTATO RECIPE?
PIN IT to your potato recipes, Whole30 recipes, or side dish recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Whole30 Recipes: Slow Roasted Mini Potatoes
- 1 lb mini potatoes
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 365 F
- Toss all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl until potatoes are fully coated. Transfer the potatoes to an 8-10'' baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and toss the potatoes with a wooden spoon. Increase the heat to 450 F. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are crispy and easy to poke with a fork. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve.