A Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe that is so easy to make, super moist, and always delicious! Banana bread is the best way to use up overripe bananas!
I eat a banana for breakfast every morning. Every Sunday I pick out 5 beautiful bananas at the grocery store. One for each day, of course.
Somehow I always end up with 1 or 2 uneaten bananas. Probably because I’m very picky about which bananas I will eat.
I won’t eat bananas that are considered “perfectly ripe”, because they’re too mushy for my liking. So on Monday, my banana usually isn’t ripe enough to eat, and by Friday it’s too ripe.
This brings me to my freezer full of overripe bananas! Does anyone else have an entire freezer full of brown bananas? Yes? Ok good, you’ve come to the ripe place! Ha…see what I did there?
How to make a moist Strawberry Banana Bread
That freezer full of bananas is your secret to keeping banana bread moist! Ripe bananas are the golden ticket to sweet, moist Strawberry Banana Bread!
I still cringe at the word “moist” btw.
So stop throwing your ripe bananas away, because the secret to making this bread deliciously moist is to use very ripe, literally almost ready to throw away bananas.
All you have to do is toss them in the freezer (cue my freezer full of bananas) until you're ready to make banana bread.
Making homemade banana bread with frozen bananas is the best. I usually have all the ingredients in my pantry already. All I have to do is whisk up the dry ingredients and mix them with the wet ingredients to make a baked banana bread that stays moist.
How to keep banana bread moist
To ensure your delicious and fragrant Strawberry Banana Bread stays as moist as possible, all you have to do is make sure it’s wrapped well in plastic wrap or tin foil.
How long does banana bread last?
Well, if you can refrain from eating it on one sitting it will keep for about 1 week in the refrigerator if it’s wrapped well, or about 2 days at room temperature.
I ate this entire loaf by myself in 2 days. Don’t judge me, ok?!
Want to try making this Strawberry Banana Bread?
Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed chunky with a fork
- 1/2 cup strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9x5 loaf pan with baking spray.
- Whisk together salt, flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Then add egg whites, greek yogurt, and vanilla. Beat until thick.
- Mix in 1/3 of the flour mixture at a time, mixing at low speed until combined. Then gently fold in the bananas, strawberries, and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake on the center rack for 1 hour and 15 minutes. At the 1 hour mark, check your bread with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean. Let the pan cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing.