Calling all Banana Bread lovers, you don’t want to miss this Banana Bread Muffins recipe! They make the perfect breakfast or mid-day snack.
Looking for more bread and muffin recipes? Check out these Healthy Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins, Veggie Egg Frittata Muffins, and this Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins Recipe
There is something so comforting about warm bread…especially banana bread or Banana Bread Muffins.
There is nothing better than a warm chocolate chip Banana Bread Muffin for breakfast, snack, or dessert!
They’re super quick to whip up; in about 30 minutes you can have a dozen of the best chocolate chip Banana Bread Muffins in town!
After baking your first batch of muffins, this is going to become a staple recipe in your kitchen.
Banana muffins can be an incredible hit or a great miss. We have all had great muffins, but, and I’m sure, we can all remember the lackluster ones we’ve encountered.
Nothing is worse than a dry and bland muffin OR one that won’t set in the middle. I’ve got a trick for you that will fix that! Keep on reading.
These easy Banana Bread Muffins are perfectly moist and pack the best bite. The only downside is this batch may not last long after you pull them out of the oven.
Banana Bread Muffin Ingredients
Bananas: to make the best Banana Bread Muffins, you will need a couple (very ripe) bananas. I prefer using frozen bananas.
Dry ingredients: all purpose flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, coconut sugar or light brown sugar.
Wet ingredients: unsalted butter, egg whites, greek yogurt, vanilla extract.
Something sweet: This might be my favorite ingredient of them all, mini semi sweet chocolate chips.
How to make Banana Bread Muffins
1. Prepare the muffin tin. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a muffin tin with baking spray.
2. Combine the dry ingredients. In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. Combine the wet ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Then add egg whites, greek yogurt, and vanilla. Beat until thick.
4. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet. Mix in 1/3 of the flour mixture at a time, mixing at low speed until combined. Then gently fold in the bananas and chocolate chips.
5. Bake the muffins. Pour the batter into the muffin tin and bake for 30 minutes. At the 25 minute mark, check your muffins with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean. Let the pan cool for at least 15 minutes before removing the muffins.
Did you know you can also make air fryer banana bread?
Questions you may have about the recipe
Is there a difference between banana bread and banana loaf?
Banana Bread is a dense bread and a banana loaf is more of a cake; light and typically more moist than typical banana bread.
Should I cover banana bread after baking?
Yes! It is important to wrap your bread in order to keep it fresh and moist.
Pro tip: Let the bread cool all the way before wrapping it. Wrapping it before it gets cool will trap moister and can cause the bread (or in our case muffins) to get soggy.
Are banana muffins bad for you?
Admittedly, muffins are not the healthiest of food choices. However, I firmly believe in everything in moderation!
Why does the middle of my banana bread not cook?
This can happen when you don’t give your bread or muffins enough time to bake. Some tips to avoid a soft center:
- If using frozen bananas, pace them in a fine mesh strainer over the sink after peeling them. Mash and let the excess liquid drain while you prep the other ingredients.
- Place your tin in the oven on the lower middle rack
- Check on your bread sooner rather than later, but don’t pull it out of the oven
- Ensure your oven is getting hot enough
WANT TO TRY THIS BANANA BREAD MUFFINS RECIPE?
PIN IT to your muffin recipes or banana bread recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Banana Bread Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar, or light brown sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a muffin tin with baking spray.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Then add egg whites, greek yogurt, and vanilla. Beat until thick.
- Mix in 1/3 of the flour mixture at a time, mixing at low speed until combined. Then gently fold in the bananas and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin and bake on the center rack for 30 minutes. At the 25 minute mark, check your muffins with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean. Let the pan cool for at least 15 minutes before removing the muffins.
- If using frozen bananas, mash them in a fine mesh strainer over the sink and let the excess liquid drain while prepping the ingredients.
- Store muffins in an airtight container lined with a paper towel.
Leave a Reply