Ever since having the Chocolate Souffle at Roy’s, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it. When I told my mom about it she said she also loves their Souffle and happened to have her own recipe for it!
Since I’m not much of a baker, I requested she make these Gluten Free Chocolate Souffles and then hand over the recipe. Thanks Mom!
They’re easy to make 5 ingredients and less than 10 steps, simple right? Before planning to make these, keep in mind, the mixture needs to sit for 8 hours before baking.
This recipe calls for a double boiler – if you don’t have one, check out this article on how to easily make one!
Gluten Free Chocolate SoufflÃ©
- 2 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter plus more for buttering ramekins
- 4 ounces gluten free bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 tablespoons cornstarch
- In the top of a double boiler, set over simmering water, heat butter and chocolate together until melted.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg whites and yolks
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add melted butter and chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly with a wire whisk. Add eggs and whisk just until combined and smooth. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Fill 4 ramekins evenly and place on top rack of oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve ramekins as is with a small plate underneath or, in vert on to a plate allowing it to sit for 10 seconds before unfolding and allowing cake to fall out onto the plate.
- You can serve them as is or with a dollop of whipped cream or scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Check out more of my recipes here.