This definitely isn’t your grandma’s pasta salad! Celebrate Summer with the perfect Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad, complete with grilled peaches!
You might have tried my Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad, the most popular recipe among my Instagram fam! And if you have, you know how addicting it is.
This Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad is just as addicting, maybe more.
Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe
When I think of Summer, I think of backyard BBQ’s, perfect weather, and pasta salad! However, there are three things in the world of pasta salad that I truly hate:
- Mushy pasta noodles
- Creamy pasta salads (cringe)
- Eating the SAME pasta salad over and over and over…and over!
I want to love pasta salad, I really do…I mean, who doesn’t love the perfect plate of pasta? But I really just can’t get over the creamy mushy pasta salads I’ve been introduced to.
I decided this summer was going to be the time where pasta salad comes to life for me!
After a solid 8 hours of recipe testing, I now have the perfect chicken pasta salad recipe (please hold your applause until the end)!
Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad Ingredients
- Chicken breast tenders
- Citrusy marinade, use your favorite – this is the one I used
- Farfalle pasta
- Fresh peaches
- Lemon juice
- Fresh cherries
- Burrata cheese
- Fresh corn on the cob
- Fresh basil
Fun fact: did you know Farfalle means butterflies in Italian?
PRO-TIP: Don’t have Farfalle Pasta? It’s okay! Any small pasta will work! Another personal favorite to use for pasta salads like this one is Fusilli.
How To Grill Peaches
Grilling peaches is a simple way to elevate one of my favorite summer fruits.
Just by adding heat, you are taking what once was a standard fruit-bowl snack and turning it into a delicious conversation starter!
They are so easy to make and definitely not something to stress over. In 10 minutes, you will have the perfect peaches!
- Start by cutting your peaches in half and removing the pit. When done, brush both sides of your peach halves with olive oil.
- Grill cut side down over medium heat, untouched, for 4-5 minutes (you want to see those grill lines).
Note: I don’t flip my peaches when grilling them.
Marinated Red Onions? Tell Me More!
These marinated red onions are everything…and they’re super simple! All you need is:
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Red onion
To make it, grab a medium bowl and whisk together the red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and olive oil until combined.
Add the red onion and toss to combine. Let the onions marinate while you prep everything else.
PRO-TIP: You can make this ahead of time and store it in the fridge or use this same marinate on other veggies like cucumber and zucchini!
Tips for Grilling Chicken
Learning how to grill chicken that stays juicy and delicious is key to any chicken recipe; after all, no one likes…or wants to eat dry chicken.
- Pick the right cut of chicken for your recipe – thighs tend to be juicier but I always prefer breasts or breast tenders.
- Always pound boneless chicken breasts first to an even thickness.
- If you a grilling a whole chicken, make sure to butterfly it first.
- Stay away from high heat – chicken is not like steak and burgers – cook it differently!
You don’t need to have a grill to make grilled chicken. This air fryer has a grill function, or you can use a grill pan.
How To Make Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad
1. Marinate the chicken and the red onions. Add the chicken and the marinade to a large mixing bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours.
See the section above for how to make the marinated red onions.
2. Grill the peaches and the chicken. Once your chicken is ready, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a grill pan or a grill plate over medium-high heat.
Place the peaches and the chicken on the grill plate and cook for 5 minutes on each side until chicken is browned and completely cooked through. Don’t flip the peaches, and remove them from the pan after 2-3 minutes.
Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and set aside.
3. Cook the pasta. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
4. Make the “dressing”. While the pasta is cooking, combine 1/4 cup olive oil with the juice of one lemon in a small mixing bowl. When finished, drain the pasta using a colander and then combine it with the lemon olive oil mixture in a large serving bowl.
5. Mix everything together. Gently fold in the marinated red onions (sans juices), grilled chicken, peaches, cherries, burrata, corn, and basil with the pasta and serve.
- Don’t over marinate your chicken. The marinade does not make your chicken juicier or tender. In fact, too much marinade can make your chicken turn out rubbery or dry.
- Salt your pasta water – they say salt it like the ocean – but be mindful of your sodium intake!
- To avoid mushy pasta, cook your farfalle al dente! (boil uncovered for about 11 minutes)
More Pasta Recipes To Try
- Mint Pesto Prosciutto Pasta
- Spring Pea Pasta
- Creamy Basil Pesto Shrimp Pasta
- Tomato Ricotta Pesto Pasta With Balsamic Burst Cherry Tomatoes And Lemony Panko
- Farmer’s Market Couscous Salad
WANT TO TRY THIS GRILLED CHICKEN PASTA SALAD RECIPE?
PIN IT to your pasta salad recipes, dinner recipes, or chicken recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups citrusy marinade, use your favorite – this is the one I used
- 2 lbs farfalle pasta
- 2 fresh peaches, pits removed and sliced into wedges
- 1 lemon, juice
- 12 fresh cherries, pits removed
- 8 ounces burrata
- 2 ears corn on the cob, kernels removed
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
Marinated Red Onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 of a small red onion, thinly sliced
Marinated Red Onions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and olive oil until combined. Add the red onion and toss to combine. Let the onions marinate while you prep everything else.
- Add the chicken and the marinade to a large mixing bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Once chicken is ready, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a grill pan or a grill plate over medium-high heat. Place the peaches and the chicken on the grill plate and cook for 5 minutes on each side until chicken is browned and completely cooked through. Don’t flip the peaches, and remove them from the pan after 2-3 minutes.Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions. While the pasta is cooking, combine 1/4 cup olive oil with the juice of one lemon, salt and pepper to taste in a small mixing bowl. When finished, drain the pasta into a colander and then combine it with the lemon olive oil mixture in a large serving bowl.
- Gently fold in the marinated red onions (sans juices), grilled chicken, peaches, cherries, burrata, and basil with the pasta and serve.
- I used raw corn on the cob for this recipe, but you can grill it or boil it if you prefer.
Wow this looks and sounds both delish and easy to make, I’m getting all the ingredients to try and make it today. I’m excited to taste all these amazing and fresh flavors together!!
This was FANTASTIC! Definitely going on our weekly rotation and will probably sub some different fruits depending on the season. LOVE!!
This was so flavorful with the grilled chicken and pasta! It was the perfect lunch for a summer picnic. Thank you!
What a fantastic salad, with the most creative combination of flavors and textures. This will be on permanent meal rotation at our house this summer! Another winner from JZ Eats!
This salad looks so good! That dollop of burrata right on top sends this over the top for me. 🙂 Yum!
The peaches made all the difference! I had never grilled peaches before but this was amazing. Thanks!
I made this pasta salad for memorial day and everyone loved it! The perfect blend of ingredients and flavors!