‘Tis the season for grilling, right?
During the warmer months the grill is my best friend. I don’t have to clean it (much), it doesn’t raise the electric bill, and it adds amazing flavor. Like a seasoned cast iron.
A few weeks ago one of my Instagram buddies, Chef Eddie Brik sent me a few products from his new line of signature rubs. I love trying new things so I was excited for this.
Chef Brik and I met in LA about a year ago. His cooking is phenomenal and his Instagram photos make me want to lick my phone every time he posts. So I had a good feeling about his new line.
On Sunday I invited my girlfriends over for a ladies night grill sesh. I whipped up some Honey Worcestershire and Smoky Citrus Habanero chicken, and here’s how:
HONEY WORCESTERSHIRE & SMOKY CITRUS HABANERO GRILLED CHICKEN
- 2.5 lbs chicken
- 2 large Ziploc freezer bags
- 1 lemon sliced into 6 pieces
- 1/4 cup Chef Brik’s Honey Worcestershire Rub
- 1/4 cup Chef Brik’s Smoky Citrus Habanero Rub
- Olive oil
- Divide the chicken into two large freezer bags
- Add about 1/4 cup of olive oil to each bag
- Add Honey Worcestershire Rub to one bag and Smoky Citrus Habanero to the other
- Divide the lemon slices and toss in each bag
- Seal the bags and place in the refrigerator for one hour
Let’s get grillin’
- Fire up the grill to medium-high
- Once the grill has heated up, toss that chicken on
- Cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until they have reached an internal temp of 165.
Keep in mind I wrote this recipe for a group of five, so just remember to cut the measurements in half if you’re cooking for two!