Is it just me or are one pan chicken dinners literally the best thing ever? Chicken is inexpensive, easy to make, and goes with like every flavor. This One Pan Skillet Chicken is going to knock your taste buds out of the park.
It’s made with a creamy mushroom sauce and encompasses a multitude of flavors and let me just repeat, it’s cooked in ONE pan, helloooo easy clean up.
Shopping for this recipe should be pretty easy since chicken is usually an easy find in the grocery store, and I bet you already have half the ingredients in your pantry! For this recipe, I used chicken tenders not because I wanted to, but because everyone in my neighborhood seemed to be on some sort of a chicken craze and all the chicken breasts were sold out. Strange, right? Anyways, it actually worked out better because the chicken tenders seared much faster!
This recipe will work with chicken tenders or chicken breasts, just cook the chicken a little longer if you choose to use a larger piece of chicken.
As much as I love marinating chicken for hours and throwing it on the grill during the summer months, sometimes life gets in the way and you just don’t have the time to wait for the chicken to marinade.
This chicken may not be soaking up flavors from a marinade for hours, but I promise this dish is not lacking any flavor. Sun dried tomatoes hold an intense sweet-tart flavor and mushrooms add a hearty, earthy flavor.
Weekdays, meal prep, whenever.
This One Pan Skillet Chicken serves four, so you can even make it for your Sunday night meal prep! Add some rice, or enjoy it by itself it’s an easy weekday lunch. One Pan Skillet Chicken is also perfect for a quick weeknight family dinner.
Easy to make and even easier to clean up.
Since all the ingredients are cooked in one pan you’ve got a super easy clean up! In my house, we go by the “I cook, you clean” rule, so my boyfriend is always thrilled when I say we’re cooking a one pan meal!
One Pan Skillet Chicken With Spinach, Sun Dried Tomatoes, and Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 8 chicken tenders
- 8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 3 tbsp chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- parmesan cheese to garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a measuring cup, mix chicken broth, parsley, rosemary, thyme, red pepper flakes, and garlic.
- Heat a medium sized non-stick skillet (or cast iron) with 2 tbsp olive oil over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook 2-3 minutes, until browned. It's best to make sure they are all lying flat, not overlapping, and let them cook on each side for about a minute. Remove mushrooms from pan when finished and set aside.
- In the same pan, sear chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side, then remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add chicken broth mixture. Bring to a boil, stir, and reduce heat to low for 8-10 minutes or until liquid has reduced to about 1/3 of a cup. Remove pan from heat and mix in butter until completely melted, then mix in heavy cream, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, and spinach.
- Return chicken to pan, coat with mushroom sauce, and place in oven for 5-10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Garnish with more parsley and/or parmesan cheese if desired.
Want to see more of JZ Eats?
Check out more of my recipes here.
Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily drool-worthy updates.
Subscribe to my blog so you don’t miss a thing!
Check out my favorite Baltimore restaurants here.