I was practically licking my plate after making Beet Pappardelle With Scallops. It was so good I wanted seconds..and thirds.
I knew it was going to make a tasty meal prep, so I used the leftover beet puree to make this Vegetarian Beet Pappardelle Meal Prep. You can save a lot of time by making the beet puree ahead of time. It can stay in the refrigerator for up to a week and can also be frozen.
When I begin thinking about meal prepping, I always try to think of budget friendly ingredients. And what’s more budget friendly than pasta and vegetables?
In addition to looking for a budget friendly meal prep, I was also searching for colorful ingredients. We eat with our eyes first and the beet puree mixed with pappardelle ads an eye popping color. Besides being beautiful vegetables, they’re also quite good for you too.
5 Health Benefits of Beets
- Rich in vitamins & minerals
- Rich in antioxidants
- Energy boosting
- Healthy for babies (pureed)
I’m always searching for new ingredients to add to meal prep recipes and red beets were perfect for this one. They bring lots of health benefits, bold color, and a delicious, earthy flavor.
When making this Vegetarian Beet Pappardelle Meal Prep, I suggest making the beet puree ahead of time. This recipe will make about two cups of beet puree. Use the leftover beet puree in something like this Beet Pappardelle With Scallops or risotto.
As always, I packed these up in my BPA free, microwave and oven safe glass meal prep containers that I snagged off Amazon. Who else is guilty of buying literally everything off Amazon?
Your co-workers are going to be so jealous when you show up with this for lunch. I know mine were!
Check out more of my recipes here.
Want to try this Vegetarian Beet Pappardelle Meal Prep?
Vegetarian Beet Pappardelle Meal Prep
- 3 large beets peeled & cut into 2'' cubes
- 12 oz pappardelle pasta
- 1/2 cup corn
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 7 oz crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup parsley 2 tbs reserved for garnish
- 3 tablespoons minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Toss beets in a large mixing bowl with 2 tbs of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast beets for 45 minutes or until they are tender enough to poke with a fork. While the beets are roasting, toss broccoli in a large mixing bowl with 2 tbs olive oil, salt, and pepper, bake on a separate sheet pan with the beets for 15-20 minutes.
- While the beets and broccoli are cooking, prepare the corn and pappardelle: bring a saucepan to a boil, add corn, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside. Cook pappardelle according to package directions. Drain pot, leaving about 1/4 cup of water in the pot. Set aside.
- When beets are finished roasting, heat a medium sized pan with 1 tbs olive oil on medium-high heat. Once heated, add butter, garlic, shallot, and apple cider vinegar. Sauté until shallot begins to turn translucent, about 1.5 minutes. Add beets and sauté in the shallot/garlic mixture for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Transfer beets from pan to an immersion blender or food processor with crème fraîche and parsley, purée until smooth.
- Transfer pappardelle back to pot and mix with 1 cup beet purée.