Watermelon Feta Salad with mint wins over a crowd of any size. If you’re looking to dress up fresh watermelon this recipe is for you!
Watermelon Feta Salad Recipe
I make salads with watermelon and feta every summer. It’s such a classic.
We got together with our friends for the 4th of July and I brought my classic Watermelon Feta Salad, with a twist.
This time I added marinated red onions, the same onions I used in the Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad you all went crazy over!
Watermelon is one of my favorite summer foods that I could eat non-stop and I looove making watermelon feta salads.
This Watermelon and Feta Salad is one of my favorites because it’s easy to make, the flavor combination is just right, and the recipe is slightly unexpected.
If you love the taste of sweet watermelon and salty feta cheese, you’re going to love this watermelon salad.
Watermelon Feta Salad Ingredients
- red wine vinegar
- feta cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh basil
- fresh mint
- red onion
*a full list of ingredients and measurements for this recipe can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
How To Make Watermelon Feta Salad
1. Marinate the onions. Whisk together the red wine vinegar, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a bowl until combined.
Add in the onion and toss to combine. Let the onions marinate while you prep the salad ingredients.
2. Mix the salad. Gently toss the watermelon, feta cheese, cucumber, basil, mint, and marinated onions (without their juices) in a large bowl.
Top with more fresh herbs and flaky sea salt and serve!
Pro-Tip: Looking for more flavor? Drizzle a touch of extra virgin olive oil or balsamic vinegar before serving!
Health Benefits of Watermelon
Watermelon is not just delicious, it’s good for you too! Did you know watermelon is high in Vitamin A & C?
Those aren’t the only health benefits of eating watermelon though…
- Watermelon is a great way to stay hydrated
- It’s one of the lowest calorie fruits
- Contains compounds that may help prevent cancer
- May help improve heart health
- It may lower inflammation
- May relieve muscle soreness
- Could help improve digestion
Questions You May Have About This Recipe
Can I substitute feta cheese?
The salty feta really makes this recipe with the perfect balance of flavors. However, if Feta is not your style, you can sub with mozzarella cheese.
Does watermelon shape matter?
Does watermelon type matter?
I prefer to use seedless watermelons, again, it just easier. However, any type of watermelon will do.
What else can I do to “level-up” my watermelon?
To dress up watermelon in less than two minutes, cut up some watermelon and squeeze lime juice on top.
I love lime juice on watermelon so I am super generous with my squeezes. Sprinkle some smoked flaky sea salt on top and you might as well call it a watermelon margarita!
Other Summer Favorites
Looking for more summer recipes? Check these out!
- Watermelon Caprese Skewers
- Caramelized Peach Burrata Salad
- Lemon Orzo Salad With Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Chicken Parmesan Burgers
WANT TO TRY THIS WATERMELON FETA SALAD RECIPE?
PIN IT to your watermelon recipes, summer salad recipes, or fruit salad recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Watermelon Feta Salad
Watermelon Feta Salad
- 3 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup cucumber, cubed
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- flaky sea salt, to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and olive oil until combined. Add the red onion and toss to combine. Let the onions marinate while you prep the salad ingredients.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the watermelon, feta cheese, cucumber, basil, mint, and marinated onions (without their juices). Top with more fresh herbs and flaky sea salt and serve!
- For more flavor you can add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil or balsamic vinegar.