A Vegetarian Black Truffle Carbonara that will knock your socks off! It's made with delicious ingredients like Gruyere cheese, truffle marcona almonds, and black truffle salt.
This recipe came to fruition the other night when I came back from a late night run and needed to make a quick dinner. Trust me when I say this is a quick and easy carbonara recipe!
After running four miles, I was starving – so I knew I wanted carbs. Immediately, I reached for the pasta in my cabinet. I don’t make pasta often, so I was pumped for that first bite!
Full disclosure – this was my first time ever making carbonara. I’ve ordered it in restaurants plenty of times but never made it at home.
By definition, it has pancetta or bacon but I didn’t have any, so I went for a vegetarian option.
Note: This dish contains dairy and depending on your level of vegetarianism you may want to substitute for vegan eggs and cheese.
If you’re eating with a non-vegetarian, I suggest topping this dish with Ayoba Biltong. These are air-dried steak slices that are packed with flavor, bold, and tender. Ayoba’s products are free of gluten, added sugar, and artificial ingredients. They make a great snack too.
Carbonara is not as intimidating as it sounds. It’s quite easy to whip up with ingredients that are usually in the house already. You can purchase a carbonara sauce at the grocery store, but it surely won’t be the same as homemade! Some carbonara is made with cream, but traditionally not. A homemade carbonara will also be much healthier (and tastier!) than anything store bought.
Check out more of my pasta recipes here.
Want to try this Black Truffle Vegetarian Carbonara?
PIN IT to your pasta, carbonara, or vegetarian board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I'm always pinning!
Vegetarian Black Truffle Carbonara
- 1/2 box thin spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup gruyere cheese
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons truffle marcona almonds*
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black truffle salt, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place broccoli on a foiled sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, then bake for 15-20 minutes or until tender enough to poke with a fork.
- Cook spaghetti according to box directions.
- In a small mixing bowl, lightly mix eggs, parsley, gruyere cheese, and red pepper flakes.
- Heat a medium sized, non-stick pan with 1 tbs olive oil. Saute white wine, garlic, and onion on medium high heat for 2-3 minutes, or until onions turn translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When spaghetti is finished, drain and transfer to pan with garlic and onion over low heat. Add broccoli, truffle marcona almonds, and egg mixture, quickly toss together in pan, making sure spaghetti is fully covered. Finish with black truffle salt.
I’m in love with anything black truffle! The smell alone is intoxicating!
So am I!
Looks deliciousðŸ˜› I can’t wait to try it!