This 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Bread is for those days when you’re craving homemade pumpkin bread but don’t want to pull out everything in your pantry to make it. This incredibly easy recipe is the best way to make delicious pumpkin bread when you’re not an expert-level baker.
Cake Mix Pumpkin Bread Recipe
If pumpkin season is your favorite season, I’ve got the best recipe for you! All you need is a box of cake mix and a can of pumpkin puree.
This quick bread using cake mix the perfect introduction to baking for beginners and a quick fix for seasoned pros! With just two pantry staples you can have a warm, moist pumpkin bread in just 30 minutes.
You can make this easy 2 ingredient pumpkin bread recipe whenever you want because you can keep these two ingredients in your pantry all year long!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Bread with Cake Mix
Spice cake mix: a box of spice cake mix takes the measuring work out of making this bread. It also brings the pumpkin spice flavor.
You can also use yellow cake mix if your store is out of spice cake mix. Add a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg if you like! If you have pumpkin pie spice on hand, you can use that as well to add your own spice flavoring.
Pure pumpkin purée: make sure you have a can of pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. There is a big difference between the two!
Pumpkin pie filling has other ingredients added to it like sugar, spices, and water. Pure pumpkin puree is just pure pumpkin and the water used to puree it, without anything added.
Chocolate chips: these are optional for you, but necessary in my book. Chocolate chips are optional. Sometimes I like to add them and sometimes I leave them out. It depends on my mood.
Can you Make Pumpkin Bread with Cake Mix?
1. Prep to make the bread. Prepare the loaf pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven.
2. Make the bread. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix and pumpkin together using a hand mixer. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake until a toothpick in the center of the bread comes out almost clean. That’s how you know it’s ready, but still moist inside!
3. Cool and serve. Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. Then move it to a wire rack to cool completely. Leave as is or dust with powdered sugar before slicing and serving.
How Do I Prevent my Pumpkin Bread from Getting Moist?
It’s important to make sure that your 2-ingredient pumpkin bread is cooled completely before it’s wrapped and placed in an airtight container. If it’s not, it will cause the container or plastic wrap to have condensation on the inside and this will make the pumpkin bread have extra moisture. And no one wants a soggy pumpkin bread!
Another trick is to place a paper towel in with the leftover pumpkin bread. This will absorb any excess moisture that might be present as the bread sits at room temperature.
Why Won’t my Pumpkin Bread Cook in the Middle?
If your pumpkin bread is having trouble cooking in the middle, there could be several factors at play.
- Make sure your oven is calibrated correctly and maintains the temperature you’ve set it at. An oven that runs too hot or too cold can affect the baking process. Oven thermometers are a simple way to double-check.
- The type and size of the baking pan you’re using can make a difference. Using a different loaf pan could increase the thickness of your pumpkin bread, which may make it take longer to bake. You can try covering it with foil to keep the top from burning.
Can I Make Mini Loaves?
You can easily turn this recipe into mini loaves or muffins, even mini muffins! Use the same simple ingredients and instructions but instead of using a greased loaf pan, use a mini bread pan or muffin pans.
Depending on the pan you are using, you may need to adjust the baking time slightly. I suggest checking them after 15 minutes with the toothpick test.
Dust them with powdered sugar like the larger loaves or make a cream cheese frosting!
More easy dessert recipes to try
If you liked this recipe, you will also love this Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe and these Banana Bread Muffins. These quick breads, just like this delicious bread, are a delicious afternoon snack when you want something sweet!
WANT TO TRY THIS TWO INGREDIENT PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE?
PIN IT to your easy pumpkin recipes, dessert recipes, or Fall recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
2-Ingredient Pumpkin Bread
- 1 box spice cake mix (15.2oz)
- 2 cups pure canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk (using an electric whisk) together the spice cake mix and pumpkin puree until combined. Stir through the optional chocolate chips. Transfer the batter into the lined pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Remove the pumpkin bread from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before transferring to a baking rack to fully cool. I like to dust mine with powdered sugar before serving!