Hot Honey Baked Feta is a creamy feta dip topped with hot honey, making this a unique recipe with a slight kick.
This tasty baked feta cheese is addicting and requires only a handful of ingredients. It comes together in under 30 minutes, and will surely be a hit at your next gathering!
Simple yet unique! Honey feta dip is a great addition to your charcuterie board this holiday season.
Honey baked feta is an easy appetizer that’s both savory and sweet and makes a declicious creamy spread. It’s baked for just a few minutes and the result is a delicious spreadable feta dip that is topped with hot honey and served with crackers, pita chips, or your favorite crusty bread.
If you loved feta and you’ve seen the viral baked feta recipe from TikTok and have been wanting to try it, you’ll love my healthier, low carb Tomato Feta Baked Spaghetti Squash.
Hot Honey Baked Feta Recipe
Feta pairs well with so many dishes and is one of the most satisfying cheeses to eat. It’s salty, creamy, firm on the outside, and soft on the inside.
Feta pasta is one of my favorites and I love loading up on feta cheese in my Greek salad. There is nothing like a warm feta appetizer though!
I love including my favorite ingredients when I come up with new recipes, so I just knew I had to create a unique recipe using feta in a fun way.
The balance of salty creaminess with the syrupy feel of the honey in this recipe will leave your taste buds wanting more! This recipe truly makes a great appetizer and is perfect for this upcoming holiday season.
Ingredients you will need
This feta appetizer recipe requires just a few simple ingredients. You’ll need:
Feta cheese: you’ll want to buy a traditional block of feta cheese and not crumbled feta cheese for this recipe.
Olive oil: adding extra virgin olive oil will keep the cheese from burning and make it even creamier when baking in the oven.
Hot honey: you can buy hot honey at grocery stores or make your own. To make hot honey at home, you’ll just need honey, hot sauce, and pepper flakes.
If you’re making hot honey at home, try to buy good quality honey! Hot honey really gives this dish the best flavor.
Garnishes: fresh thyme and pink peppercorns make excellent garnishes for this dish, but are completely optional!
How to Make Hot Honey
You can purchase hot honey online or in your local grocery store, but you can also easily make it at home! This is how I make hot honey:
- Heat 1 cup of honey in a small sauce pan over medium heat until bubbles begin to form around the edges.
- Mix in 2 teaspoons of hot sauce and let it infuse for 5 minutes. You can also add a tablespoon or two of red pepper flakes if you like.
- When finished, transfer it to a glass jar and store it in your pantry. If you used red pepper flakes, strain the honey through a fine mesh strainer to remove the red pepper flakes. If you don’t remove the red pepper flakes, the honey will get hotter over time.
How to Bake Feta
Baked feta comes together in just a few easy steps.
1. Prepare the feta. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Pat the feta dry with paper towels and place in a small baking dish or cast iron pan. Drizzle olive oil over the feta.
2. Bake the feta. Bake the feta 8-10 minutes, then remove it from the oven and set the broiler on high. Drizzle hot honey over the feta and place it back in the oven on the rack.
Broil for 5-6 minutes or until the top of the feta begins to brown. Be sure to watch it as it broils because the honey can burn! You want to get it to that perfect caramelization on top of the feta, 5-6 minutes should give you the best results.
3. Garnish. Remove the feta from the oven and garnish with fresh thyme and pink peppercorns. Serve with crackers, pita chips, or homemade bread and enjoy!
Baked Feta Variations
You can enjoy this baked feta dish in so many different ways! Here are a few ways you can customize this recipe:
If you don’t want to make hot honey for this recipe, just use good quality, regular honey. It won’t be spicy, but it will still be full of flavor. You can also buy thyme infused honey or honey made with different spices for a more herby flavor.
If you’re not a fan of feta cheese, you may be able to substitute feta for halloumi, goat cheese, or even brie. However, cooking times may vary and the results may not be exactly the same in terms of taste and texture.
Use your favorite fresh herbs, such as fresh basil, fresh rosemary, or fresh oregano if you don’t want to use thyme. You can also garnish the feta with fresh parsley if desired.
If you don’t have pink peppercorns, garnish the feta with a pinch of fresh cracked black pepper. You can also add fresh garlic before baking for even more flavor.
Adding some of your favorite veggies, like as bell peppers, red onion, or grape tomatoes makes for a nice creamy side dish! If you choose to give this a try, I would omit the honey.
More easy dip recipes
- Creamy Labne Dip
- Jalapeño Popper Dip
- Creamy Homemade Hummus
- Best Maryland Crab Dip
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
WANT TO TRY THIS HOT HONEY BAKED FETA RECIPE?
PIN IT to your feta cheese recipes or easy appetizer recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Hot Honey Baked Feta
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Pat the feta dry with paper towels and place in a baking dish or small cast iron pan. Drizzle olive oil over the feta.
- Bake the feta for 8-10 minutes, then remove from the oven and set the broiler to high. Drizzle hot honey over the feta and place it back in the oven on the top rack and broil for 5-6 minutes or until the top begins to brown.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh thyme and pink peppercorns. Serve with crackers or pita chips and enjoy!