This post first appeared on Savory Experiments where I am a contributor.
The best Air Fryer Flank Steak Tacos with a simple Jalapeño Lime Marinade that will have you craving more. They’re super quick and easy, ready in under 30!
Air Fryer Flank Steak Tacos
If you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner without sacrificing flavor, these Air Fryer Flank Steak Tacos are your answer! Get these tacos on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Air Fryer Flank Steak Tacos with a Jalapeño Lime Marinade that will have you craving more. Made with few ingredients and lots of flavor, it’s sure to become a family favorite!
There are so many ways to make tacos. From traditional street tacos to shrimp tacos, there’s so many ways to make them unique.
Today we’re making the best Flank Steak Taco recipe in the game! But what makes THIS taco recipe the best? The Jalapeño Lime Steak Marinade and the Cilantro Avocado Crema. Keep reading, I’ll get to those in more detail in a bit!
This is my go-to taco recipe, especially when I need them ready quick. The marinade comes together insanely fast, and I prep the toppings and crema while the steak is in the oven.
I always serve them family style which makes getting these tacos on the table even easier and faster! When I don’t have to worry about fixing everyone’s plate and remembering who wanted what toppings, it makes life easier.
While these tacos are super quick and easy, they’re also special enough to serve for guests. The Jalapeño Lime Marinade and the Cilantro Avocado Crema will make you sound elevated and sophisticated. No one has to know how easy they are to whip up! That can be our secret.
Steak Taco Marinade
The Jalapeño Lime Steak Marinade is to die for. Cilantro, jalapeños, and limes just go hand in hand and it only made sense to make a steak taco marinade with those ingredients! These flavors also just scream tacos and margs!
Pro tip: grab some extra limes to make yourself a margarita!
In this marinade we’re using lime zest, but if you decide to use lime juice instead, make sure you remove the steak from the marinade after 30 minutes.
Any steak taco marinade that contains acid or salt should not be used for very long, because it will chemically “cook” or denature the food in it. We’re not making ceviche tacos over here…
How To Make The Best Flank Steak Tacos
First let’s talk about the steak taco marinade. It’s the most important part, besides the taco toppings, of course.
If you aren’t used to making your own marinade, don’t fret. This one is super simple and comes together in minutes!
While the steak is marinating, or even while it’s in the oven, I usually take the opportunity to prepare the toppings and clean up the kitchen a bit.
Flank Steak Tacos come together in 4 easy steps:
- Make the steak marinade. Combine avocado oil, paprika, pepper, sugar, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, and lime zest in a large bowl. Add the steak and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Cook the steak. Preheat the oven to broil on high and cook the steak for 6-7 minutes. Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Make the Cilantro Avocado Crema. While the steak is cooking, combine avocado, greek yogurt, cilantro, lime, avocado oil, vinegar, and pepper to a food processor or blender. Mix on high for 30-60 seconds or until the sauce becomes smooth and creamy. (It’s very similar to the avocado crema from the Blackened Salmon Rice Bowls)
- Make the tacos. This is the fun part! Load up your tacos with all your favorite toppings like radishes, corn, cheese, and jalapeños.
Charring the tortillas is optional. I love when they get a little crispy and have a smoky taste, but they’re also just as good the way they are!
If you want to char your tortillas, you can hold them (with tongs!!) over an open flame on a gas burner or lay them flat in a pan with a drop of olive oil over medium heat.
How To Make Flank Steak Tacos Ahead Of Time
We’re all looking to make things a little easier during the week without sacrificing flavor, right?
Well, you can totally make these tacos ahead of time by prepping the marinade and storing it in the fridge. Flank steak cooks in less than 10 minutes for a perfect medium-rare, so they’ll be ready in no time.
You can even make the steak a day or two before and reheat it in the oven at a low temperature (about 300 F) when you’re ready to eat!
What Cut Of Steak Is Best For Tacos?
I prefer using flank steak for my tacos but you can use skirt steak or hanger steak if that’s what you’ve got on hand. Or you can get real fancy and use a filet mignon.
Just make remember eat cut of steak will require a different cooking time. Here’s a quick steak cooking guide:
- Filet mignon – 8 oz 400 degrees 18 min
- London broil – 2 lb 400 degrees 20 to 28 min
- Rib eye, bone in – (1 in) – 8oz 400 degrees 10 to 15 min
- Sirloin steaks – (1 in) 12 oz – 400 degrees 9 to 14 min
side Dishes For Flank Steak Tacos
Questions You Might Have About Making Flank Steak Tacos
Can I store flank steak in the fridge? Yes! Cooked steak can be stored in the refrigerator for about 3 days. An uncooked flank steak will last 3-5 days when stored in the fridge.
Are steak tacos healthy? These tacos are made with fresh ingredients, so they are generally pretty healthy. If you want a low carb taco, swap the corn tortillas for lettuce wraps!
What should I put on steak tacos? You can put anything you want on tacos, that’s why they’re so fun to make! I love to top mine with corn, queso fresco, and pico de gallo.
WANT TO TRY THIS FLANK STEAK TACO RECIPE?
PIN IT to your taco recipes, dinner recipes, or air fryer recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Air Fryer Flank Steak Tacos
For the steak
For the tacos
- 10 small flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup sweet white corn, cooked or raw
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
For the cilantro avocado sauce
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine avocado oil, paprika, pepper, sugar, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, and zest from 1 lime. Add the steak and toss to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Air fry for 10 minutes for medium rare, flipping the steak halfway through. When the steak is finished cooking, remove it from the air fryer and squeeze lime juice from half a lime over it. Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- To make the steak in the oven, preheat the broiler on high and cook for 6 minutes for medium rare. Squeeze lime juice from half a lime over the steak and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
For the cilantro avocado sauce
- Add the avocado, greek yogurt, cilantro, lime, avocado oil, vinegar, and pepper to a food processor or blender. Mix on high for 30-60 seconds or until the sauce becomes smooth and creamy. If you prefer a thinner sauce, mix in water 1 tbsp at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
For the tacos
- Spread a thin layer of avocado sauce on each tortilla. Top with steak, corn, queso fresco, sliced jalapenos, and pico de gallo.