This post first appeared on noshingwiththenolands.com where I am a contributor.
Everyone’s favorite Mexican side dish turns into the best ever Mexican Street Corn Dip. You don’t even need chips, just grab a spoon! Sweet corn and cotija cheese come together to make the tastiest party dip.
Mexican Street Corn Dip Recipe
This Mexican Street Corn Dip is the ultimate party dip! Sweet corn and cotija cheese are tossed with a chili mayonnaise that makes this dip so good. Serve it warm, cold, or room temperature.
It’s also great for Cinco De Mayo, so keep this recipe in your back pocket!
Whenever I have to bring a dish for a party, tailgate, or get-together with friends, I like to keep it simple. Everyone rolls their eyes when you walk in the door with something that needs to be reheated. Especially if there are lots of other things that need to go in the oven, microwave, or on the stove.
I want my friends and family to enjoy what I brought, so if I’m waiting in line to heat up my dish all the guests will fill up on whatever is already on the table!
My solution? Bring something that can be enjoyed hot, cold, or room temperature! AKA this Mexican Corn Dip. It doesn’t require many ingredients and can be thrown together in less than 15 minutes. Make it right before you head out the door or prep it ahead of time.
INGREDIENTS FOR MEXICAN CORN DIP
Just 10 ingredients and one pan bring this Mexican Corn Dip to life. Oh and it’s a one-pan recipe! Those are my favorite because the cleanup is easy and the instructions are simple.
You might like to add different cheeses like cheddar cheese or pepper jack cheese or even cream cheese but I like it to be more authentic with the cotija cheese. You can also add in chopped green onions, bell pepper or green chilis!
Here’s what you need to make Mexican Corn Dip:
- cotija cheese
- olive oil
- chili powder
Plus tortilla chips for dipping!
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN CORN DIP
This Mexican Corn Dip comes together in less than 15 minutes! It’s so easy to throw together last minute or right before you leave the house if you’re bringing it to a party.
You can even serve it right out of the pan if you’re cooking it in a cast-iron skillet. They make awesome presentations! If you don’t have one already, you can find them for a pretty decent price at your local grocery store or you can just grab this cast iron skillet from Amazon!
Mexican Street Corn Dip Instructions
- First, add the butter and olive oil to the pan and heat it on medium-high heat until the butter has melted. Then add the jalapeño and sauté for 1-2 minutes until it begins to char. Next, add the corn and the garlic and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- While that cooks, combine the mayonnaise, chili powder, cilantro, lime zest, and juice from half the lime in a large bowl. I usually do this in the bowl I’m going to serve the dip in.
- When the corn is finished, add it to the bowl with the mayonnaise mixture and toss to combine. Then mix in the cotija cheese crumbles, squeeze the remaining lime juice over the corn and top it with more cilantro and cotija cheese.
SOME QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT HAVE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
WHAT KIND OF CORN SHOULD I USE?
I used frozen sweet white corn, but you can also use canned corn or fresh corn on the cob in this recipe too!
If you’re using fresh corn on the cob, you’ll want about 8-10 ears of corn. You can cook the corn before cutting it off the cob to make it even easier. In the summer I like to char the corn on the grill to make Mexican Corn Dip.
SHOULD I SERVE MY DIP HOT OR COLD?
Mexican Corn Dip can be served right out of the skillet, chilled, or room temperature. That’s why it’s the best dip ever!
HOW LONG CAN I STORE MEXICAN CORN DIP?
Mexican Corn Dip can be stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 days and reheated in the microwave to your liking. Or you can enjoy it cold.
MORE TOPPINGS FOR MEXICAN STREET CORN DIP
I added more cotija cheese and cilantro to my Mexican Corn Dip but you can also add sliced jalapeños, diced red pepper, cubed avocado, or bacon crumbles. Load it up with all the toppings and call it a loaded Mexican Corn Dip!
MORE APPETIZER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes Loaded Nachos
- Loaded Beer Cheese Dip
- Watermelon Caprese Skewers
- Fig Toast With Honey Lavender Whipped Goat Cheese
WANT TO TRY THIS MEXICAN STREET CORN DIP RECIPE?
PIN IT to your appetizer, Cinco de Mayo recipes, or side dish recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Mexican Street Corn Dip
- 2 cups frozen sweet white corn
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Melt butter with 1/2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the jalapeno, stir to coat, then saute for 1-2 minutes until it begins to char. Add the corn and the garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, chili powder, cilantro, lime zest, and juice from half the lime in a large bowl.
- Add the corn to the bowl with the mayonnaise mixture, toss to combine. Then mix in the cotija cheese crumbles. Squeeze the remaining lime juice over the corn and top with more cilantro and cotija cheese.