Anyone who’s anyone loves a good bacon egg and cheese sandwich, aka BAE. You can find them at most restaurants that offer breakfast, but nothing beats the satisfaction of making yourself a mouthwatering homemade breakfast sandwich.
Most bacon egg and cheese sandwiches are made on a bagel, but I made this one on a croissant. I personally really enjoy a light, flaky, buttery croissant more than anything and they really knock this breakfast sandwich out of the park.
The blueberry preserves, bacon, and rosemary are the perfect sweet and savory combination and I’m a big fan of that sweet and savory combo!
For this recipe, I used blueberry pomegranate preserves, but you can substitute them for another one of your favorite preserves like blackberry or fig.
Bacon Egg And Cheese Sandwich
- 2 croissants, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 pieces thick cut bacon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons blueberry pomegranate preserves
- 2 pieces of American cheese sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Cook bacon: Preheat oven to 400 F, put your oven rack in the middle for the heat to distribute evenly. Line a baking sheet with foil and arrange bacon strips directly on the foil. Bake for 15 minutes or until crispy, flip each strip halfway through.
- Toast croissants: While bacon is cooking, lay the cheese on the bottom slices of the croissant and toast all four pieces in a toaster oven for about two minutes, or until cheese is melted. When finished, spread preserves over the melted cheese and set aside.
- Fry eggs: Heat a non-stick medium sized skillet with butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Crack eggs on either side of the pan, being careful to keep them separate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and fry for about three minutes, or until white is completely cooked through. Use a lid to cover the pan if needed.
- To Serve: Lay bacon on the croissant with melted cheese and preserves, followed by rosemary and fried egg. Place the top half of the croissant over the egg and eat!