Fig Toast With Whipped Honey Lavender Goat Cheese will take your toast game to a whole new level. It’s one of my favorite fig recipes!
It’s a delectable sweet and savory dish and so easy to make! Whole grain bread topped with a whipped honey lavender goat cheese and fresh figs. It’s a game changing breakfast toast.
Fig season is here and I feel like it’s totally underrated. I rarely see figs on menus when they’re in season and I don’t see them much on the blogosphere either.
I’ve been a big fan of fig preserves and fig jam for years. I add it to every cheeseboard I make!
I wasn’t always a lover of fresh figs, but I always wanted to be. So I kept playing around with fig recipes until I ultimately loved them. I’ll be honest, it didn’t take long! So if your only experience with figs is a Fig Newton, I urge you to try a fresh fig.
Now whenever I see figs in the grocery store I do a little dance because I’m SO excited.
Figs have two seasons one in early June and another from August to October. Their seasons are short so if you see them in the store, grab them and don’t think twice! They might not be there the next time you go to the store.
This fig toast recipe has so many layers of flavor. The tart and earthy flavor of the goat cheese is complemented by the sweetness of the figs, the bright and sour lemon, the earthy lavender, the sweet honey, and the mild heat from the fresh cracked pepper. Married together, this simple fig recipe is outstanding!
How to make whipped goat cheese
I love goat cheese and making a light and airy whipped version of this creamy cheese is one of my favorite things to do!
The honey lavender whipped goat cheese is one of the most prominent flavors in this fig toast recipe, and it’s super easy to make! All you need is some goat cheese, whipped cream cheese, lemon zest, honey, and culinary lavender.
You might be asking yourself “what is culinary lavender?“. It’s the one with the sweetest perfume and is often called English Lavender.
Cooking with lavender sounds sophisticated and fancy, but you’ll find that purchasing lavender buds is actually quite inexpensive and you don’t need much. You can also use the lavender buds to make tea!
To make the honey lavender whipped goat cheese:
- Place the lavender in the food processor and blend for about 15 seconds. Alternatively, you can mash the lavender with a mortar and pestle.
- Add the cream cheese, goat cheese, lemon zest, and honey, to the food processor with the lavender. Blend for about 2 minutes until all ingredients are fully combined and the mixture becomes fluffy, scraping the sides down as necessary. Breaking the goat cheese into smaller pieces is helpful for this step.
If you feel like the mixture is too sticky, you can add a little bit of olive oil (about half a tablespoon at a time) until the texture is to your liking.
You can also use the whipped goat cheese as a dip for chips, toasted baguette, or vegetables. It’s delicious on a cheese board.
Once the whipped goat cheese is ready, toast a few slices of bread and slice the figs. I like to use a seedy, wholegrain bread for this toast recipe but you can use whatever you prefer.
Spread the goat cheese over the toast and top it with the sliced figs and mint leaves. You can also add a drizzle of honey or balsamic glaze and some lemon zest.
Other fig recipes
Figs are an extremely versatile fruit and can be eaten alone or with just about anything else. Add them to your morning yogurt parfait or enjoy them in a nice green salad. You can even wrap figs in bacon and drizzle them with a balsamic glaze as an appetizer.
There are lots of delicious fig recipes to try!
Want to try this fig recipe?
PIN IT to your breakfast or fig recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see your beautiful creations! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Honey Lavender Whipped Goat Cheese
- 3 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1 teaspoon culinary lavender*
- Prep the ingredients: slice the figs, roughly chop the mint, and place the lavender in the food processor and blend for about 15 seconds to chop it into small pieces. Alternatively, you can mash the lavender with a mortar and pestle.
- Add the whipped cream cheese, goat cheese, lemon zest, and honey, to the food processor with the lavender. Blend for about 2 minutes until all ingredients are fully combined, scraping the sides down as necessary. It helps to break the goat cheese into smaller pieces for this step.
- Spread a generous amount of the whipped goat cheese on each piece of toast. Top with fresh fig slices and mint leaves. Sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked pepper if desired.