Strawberry Spinach Salad is the perfect Summer salad for all your grilled dinners. It’s an easy way to use up all your fresh strawberries!
This Strawberry Salad recipe is made with fresh ingredients like strawberries, blueberries, spinach, mozzarella cheese, and basil. It comes together in no time and is all tied together with a homemade balsamic dressing.
Simple Strawberry Salad Recipe
Quick and easy salads are one of my go-to’s for easy Summer side dishes and this Strawberry Spinach Salad recipe is no exception! Combining sweet, creamy, and savory flavors, this salad has it all!
Using fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables, this is a great recipe to whip up all Spring and Summer long; perfect for BBQs, family gatherings, picnics in the park, and more.
This is one of those crowd-pleasers you don’t want to miss! No matter the occasion, everyone will enjoy the balanced variety of bold flavors this salad has to offer.
Ingredients for Strawberry Spinach Salad
Vegetables & herbs: whether from the garden or from the store, you will need: baby spinach, red onion, and fresh basil.
Fruits: what makes this salad so good are these delicious fruits adding in great flavors and textures. You will need strawberries, blueberries, and avocado.
Cheese: every great salad has a creamy cheese element, I used goat cheese but you can also swap for feta cheese.
Wet ingredients: to make your homemade balsamic vinaigrette, you will need Dijon mustard, honey, extra virgin olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
Herbs and spices: garlic, salt, and pepper.
*For a detailed list of ingredients and measurements, please reference the recipe card down below.
How to Make Strawberry Spinach Salad
1. Prepare the dressing. Place all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until fully combined.
2. Prepare the salad. Place the spinach in a large salad bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine. Add the strawberries, blueberries, red onion, avocado, goat cheese crumbles, and basil to the bowl. Gently toss to combine.
Make-Ahead and Storage Tips
This is a great salad for parties and get together. Not only does it look amazing, it tastes delicious.
If you’re preparing this salad ahead of time you’ll want to keep your prepped ingredients in separate small bowls to prevent wilting spinach and soggy ingredients.
The salad ingredients should stay fresh for up to 3 to 4 days, without dressing.
You can also store your salad dressing in an airtight container for up to 5 days. I love using glass jars because you can just shake and serve. For the best results and even coating, you’ll want to let your dressing reach room temperature.
What to Serve with your Strawberry Spinach Salad
Can I use Another Type of Fruit?
Salads are one of the easiest meals to customize. You can add or remove ingredients based on flavor and preference.
Looking to try something different? Try adding some raspberries, blackberries or mandarine oranges. They add a nice tang and some extra flavor to this already delicious salad.
What else can I add to my salad?
Customizing your salad is more than just changing up the fruit! Consider the following variations if you are looking to shake things up!
- Cheese: gorgonzola, feta, blue cheese, or Borsin cheese
- Nuts: you can add pecans, toasted pecans, slivered almonds, or walnuts
- Chips: Looking for a crunch? Add baked pita chips or tortilla strips.
- Egg: add a hard-boiled egg for additional nutrients
WANT TO TRY THIS STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD RECIPE?
PIN IT to your salad recipes, strawberry recipes, or summer recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 of a small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed or sliced
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup fresh torn basil leaves
- Place all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until fully combined.
- Place the spinach in a large salad bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine. Add the strawberries, blueberries, red onion, avocado, goat cheese crumbles, and basil to the bowl. Gently toss to combine.