Warning: your house will smell amazing while this cooks all day!
Pulled pork is a real crowd pleaser. It’s one of those dishes you can serve year-round, season so many ways, and serve in many variations.
This Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is perfect to serve when hosting guests or to bring for potlucks because it requires few ingredients, only four steps, and you don’t need to spend the entire day slaving over it in the kitchen. Although it will smell like you did!
This pulled pork has so much flavor, which I equate to searing in the cast iron before placing it in the slow cooker. cast iron skillets distribute heat evenly, making searing a breeze. All the flavors from the rub get locked in and you can really taste the difference when it comes out of the slow cooker.
Make it a fiesta and have Pulled Pork Tacos! They’re easy to put together, don’t take much time, and something even the kids will love. And who doesn’t love tacos?
Finding a small pork loin can be tough, so if you’re making this for two like I did, you’ll definitely have leftovers!
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 2 lb pork shoulder
- 12oz Blue Moon beer
- 1/2 cup Texas Custom Spice’s Ultimate Rib Rub
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- Heat a 10” cast iron griddle pan on high heat.
- Rub pork with Texas Custom Spice Ultimate Rib Rub, making sure all sides are generously coated
- Sear pork on all sides, about 1 minute per side.
- Line slow cooker with half the sliced onion, add pork, and top with remaining onion. Pour Blue Moon over pork and cook for 8 hours on low.
- When pork is ready, remove pork from slow cooker and pull apart using two forks.