Packed with flavor, this one pan Honey Balsamic Chicken recipe is super simple, easy to make, and perfect for quick dinners and meal prep!
You will love this Honey Balsamic Chicken Recipe
If you love an easy dinner that requires minimal effort, this honey balsamic marinated chicken takes about 10 minutes to prepare, and even less time to cook. You’ll be feeding the family in no time at all.
This chicken dinner is truly more than just another chicken recipe. This easy chicken dinner recipe is juicy, tender, sweet, and savory! Honey balsamic chicken breast tenders are like nothing you’ve had before and can be served with easy air fryer vegetables, grains, or over salad.
Easy Balsamic Chicken
Chicken is one of my favorite meats to cook because of the endless options for preparing it. It’s like a blank canvas for you to do whatever you please. There’s always something new and different to try.
Chicken is the perfect meat for marinades and many savory recipes. It pairs well with most sides; making it the perfect addition to any meal.
For this chicken recipe, I used chicken tenders. However, chicken breast can also work if you don’t have tenders handy or are looking for more meat.
I recommend cutting small slits in the top of the chicken breast to allow the marinade to penetrate deeper.
Stick with using chicken tenders if you’re trying to make your honey balsamic chicken as easily as possible. They cook much faster than chicken breasts and can also absorb marinades much faster.
Balsamic Honey Chicken ingredients
Chicken: to make this an easy meal, I opted to use chicken breast tenders for this recipe. No bones, no skin, no fuss, and less mess.
Wet ingredients: for this delicious marinade you’ll need honey, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and Dijon mustard.
Herbs and spices: for that delicious punch of flavor, you’ll want to grab your garlic, salt, and pepper for your marinade.
*For a detailed list of ingredients and measurements, please reference the recipe card down below.
How to make this Honey Balsamic Chicken Recipe
1. Prepare the marinade. Place the dijon mustard, honey, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a glass jar and shake or stir until fully combined.
2. Marinate the chicken. Add half the marinade and the chicken tenders to a large Ziploc bag. Shake to fully coat the chicken and marinate for at least 1 hour, or up to 10 hours.
3. Cook the chicken. Heat a griddled cast iron pan on medium heat. When hot, add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until chicken is browned and internal temperature has reached 165° F.
4. Serve. Remove the chicken from the pan and serve hot.
How long to marinate this Balsamic Chicken Recipe
Marinading chicken is an essential step to great flavor! I recommend trying to give your chicken a 5-6 hour marinade for the best flavor and texture.
If you don’t have 5-6 hours, you can do a “quick chicken marinade.” A quick marinade is ideally 1 hour. However, you can marinate for as little as 10 minutes to give your chicken a delicious coating.
What to eat with this Easy Balsamic Chicken
Double the marinade recipe and store in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid to use as a salad dressing!
How to store this Honey Balsamic Chicken Recipe
Store your cooked chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Honey Balsamic Chicken Marinade FAQs
While the rule for marinating any dish is usually the longer the better, there is such a thing as marinating for too long. With chicken, if it’s marinated for too long not only can it become soft and mushy, but it can also make you sick. Try not to let your chicken marinate for longer than 24 hours.
Balsamic glaze is a thick, syrupy reduction of balsamic vinegar that has been simmered over low heat and reduced to concentrate its flavors and sweetness. It may contain added sweeteners, like sugar or honey, which makes it much sweeter and thicker compared to balsamic vinegar.
Gently piercing the chicken with a fork as it marinates allows the flavors to penetrate and enhance the chicken’s taste.
Chicken should always be marinated in the refrigerator to prevent the growth of bacteria.
More Easy Dinner Recipes to Try
- Roasted Sweet Potato Bowls
- Lemon Orzo Salad With Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Pesto Chicken Power Bowls
- Salmon Cakes With Lemon Dill Sauce
- Pesto Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes With Crispy Quinoa
- Air Fryer Filet Mignon
Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Creamy Chicken And Rice
- Chicken Shawarma Bowls
- Strawberry Caprese Chicken Salad
- Chicken Salad With Pineapple
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Delicious Side Dishes
- Easy Roasted Broccolini
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Green Beans With Bacon
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
WANT TO TRY THIS HONEY BALSAMIC CHICKEN RECIPE?
PIN IT to your chicken recipes, dinner recipes, or pesto recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Honey Balsamic Chicken Marinade
- Place the dijon mustard, honey, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a glass jar and shake or stir until fully combined.
- Add half the marinade and the chicken tenders to a large ziploc bag. Shake to fully coat the chicken and marinate for at least 1 hour, or up to 10 hours.
- Heat a griddled cast iron pan on medium heat. When hot, add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until chicken is browned and internal temperature has reached 165° F.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and serve hot.