Taco Tuesday is basically a holiday in my house. We “celebrate” every week. Whether we’re going out or making our own Â tacos are eaten every Tuesday!
We like tacos in all shapes and sizes Â hard tacos, soft tacos, lettuce wrap tacos, spring roll tacos, sushi tacos, taco meal bowls, you name it. But today we’re here to talk about these Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos.
I’m also a huge fan of anything I can make in a slow cooker. Throw some stuff in, leave it for a few hours, come back and the house smells like you’ve been slaving in the kitchen all day.
Most slow cookers have two settings, high and low. I’ll let you in on a little secret Â the longer the meat cooks, the more bold the flavor will be.
Slow cooking the pork for eight hours really gave these tacos life. The best part is you don’t need any fancy ingredients to make the flavor of these tacos really pop. I made these in a slow cooker but I’ve got my eye on this bad boy next. It has a programmable timer, interlocking lid, and removable oval stoneware that looks great on the table.
Searing the pork in a cast iron and cooking it for eight hours brings out all the flavor in the pork. It allows the meat to cook slowly in it’s own fat, which holds so much flavor.
I enjoy cooking with alcohol, although I’m not a big drinker. I’ve had a six pack of Blue Moon in my refrigerator since Easter..that’s actually embarrassing to admit. I finally put it to good use with this Slow Cooker Pulled Pork! I love the flavor beer adds to meat in a slow cooker.
In my house, we like to build our own tacos. We place all the fixins in small bowls on the table for everyone to help themselves.
- Baking the tortillas in the oven for about five minutes will give them a little crispiness.
- Sometimes I like to drizzle a little bit of avocado lime dressing over the tacos for even more flavor.
- Use any leftover pulled pork to make taco bowls!
Slow Cooker Pork Tacos
- 2 lbs pork shoulder
- 12 ounces Blue Moon beer
- 1/2 cup Texas Custom Spice's Ultimate Rib Rub
- 2 sweet onions sliced
- 8 ounces frozen corn
- 1/4 cup Cotija cheese or feta
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 jalapeno peppers thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 6 ounces shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 lime
- 10 small tortillas
- Pickled red onions to taste
- Heat a 10'' cast iron griddle pan on high heat.
- Rub pork with Texas Custom Spice Ultimate Rib Rub, making sure all sides are generously coated
- Sear pork on all sides, about 1 minute per side.
- Line slow cooker with half the sliced onion, add pork, and top with remaining onion. Pour Blue Moon over pork and cook for 8 hours on low.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add corn and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain water from pan and transfer corn to a medium sized bowl. Mix with Cotija cheese and chili powder.
- When pork is ready, remove pork from slow cooker and pull apart using two forks.
- Layer tortillas with lettuce, pork, pickled onions, corn, jalapeño, and cilantro. Squeeze lime over tacos if desired.