These cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip Wonton Cups are fun, full of flavor, have the best bite, and baked to perfection.
Honestly, who doesn’t love Spinach and Artichoke dip?
Put it in a cup, put it in a bowl, put it on a chip…it doesn’t matter, just put it in my mouth!
As you might be able to tell, I love artichoke dip. For as long as I could remember it has been a staple at dinner parties, holiday meals, etc. and I am super excited to bring to you a new recipe in wonton cup form!
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipe
These wonton cups make a great appetizer, pot-luck dish, or snack!
The dip is nestled inside a crispy wonton chip, so you can get it all in your mouth even faster. Plus there’s no double dipping!
It’s pretty simple to make; perfect for when you need to whip up something quick or if you are having an appetizer only dinner. They come together in less than 20 minutes!
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Wonton Cup Ingredients
Spinach – I used frozen spinach but you can also use fresh spinach, just make sure it’s cooked, drained, and cooled before mixing it in with the other ingredients.
Artichoke hearts – marinated artichokes are best for this recipe, they’re super tender and flavorful. I haven’t tried making this dip with fresh artichokes so I can’t speak to whether that works or not.
Cream Cheese – believe it or not, cream cheese is what makes this dip so creamy!
Pro-Tip: if you have an egg cutter/slicer like this, it is a great quick/easy way to cube cheese!
Pepper jack and mozzarella cheese – at first I wasn’t sure about using pepper jack but I ended up loving it! If you’re looking for something more mild, you can substitute it for parmesan cheese.
Wonton wrappers – I love these because they’re light and crisp up perfectly. You can also use phyllo dough if you can’t find wonton wrappers but they aren’t as sturdy and might break easily.
You can usually find the wonton wrappers in the refrigerated section by the produce in the grocery store.
Other ingredients – garlic, red pepper flakes, and fresh parsley
Some additional ingredients and toppings you might consider:
- Green onions
- Shredded chicken
- A light drizzle of buffalo sauce
How to make Spinach and Artichoke Dip
1. Make the Filling. Combine the spinach, artichoke hearts, cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a mixing bowl.
2. Bake the Wonton Wrappers. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a cupcake tin with olive oil spray and press the wonton wrappers down using your fingers. Bake the wonton wrappers for 5 minutes.
3. Fill the Cups. Fill the wonton cups with the filling and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the wonton wrappers are golden brown and the filling is heated through. Garnish with parsley and serve hot!
How to make them dairy free
If you’re dairy free or just watching your dairy intake, you can swap the cream cheese and cheeses for dairy free versions.
Questions you may have
Is spinach and artichoke dip good for you?
Hate to break it to you, but it’s not the healthiest appetizer you can make. It’s pretty high in calories and sodium, but I think that’s what makes it so delicious!
Are you supposed to heat up spinach and artichoke dip?
You can reheat these Spinach and Artichoke Dip Wonton Cups in the oven at 300 F for about 5-10 minutes.
Can I make the wonton cups ahead of time?
You can definitely make these wonton cups ahead of time! They reheat so well and crisp right up.
I don’t recommend freezing them though, so it’s best to make them 1-2 days in advance and store them in the refrigerator.
Can I use Fresh Spinach?
Yes, you can use fresh spinach; just remember there are extra steps!
If you use fresh spinach you will need to: trim the stems, roughly chop up the spinach, cook and drain it before adding it to the mix.
If you add it to the mix raw, it will release a lot of liquid while cooking and could cause your dip to become watery.
How can I make a healthy spinach and artichoke dip filling?
If you are looking for a low-fat or lower-fat version of this recipe you can try the following substitutions: low-fat cream cheese and/or low-fat and/or reduced fat cheeses.
More Recipes You Might Like To Try
- Perfect Air Fryer Chicken
- Roasted Mini Potatoes
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Fries
- Miso Glazed Chilean Sea Bass
- Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Chicken
Check out these other appetizers from some of my friends!
Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Appetizer from Chipa by the Dozen
Christmas Appetizer Tree from Design Dazzle
Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip from Devour Dinner
Cranberry Brie Bites from Fresh Coast Eats
Easy Holiday Bar from Hoosier Homemade
Sausage Balls from House of Nash Eats
Dried Beef Cheese Balls from Marty’s Musings
Cherry Cream Cheese Puff Bundles from My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Christmas Crunch Popcorn Snack Mix from Rose Bakes
Eggnog from Savory Experiments
Blue and White Tablescape from Sondra Lyn at Home
Cranberry Goat Cheese Tarts from Tastes of Homemade
Mushroom Puff Pastry Bites from The How to Home
Classic Deviled Eggs from What’s Cookin’ Chicago
WANT TO TRY THIS SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE DIP RECIPE?
PIN IT to your appetizer recipes, party food recipes, or finger food recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Wonton Cups
- 8 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 14 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 24 wonton wrappers
- fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- olive oil spray
- Combine the spinach, artichoke hearts, cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a mixing bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a cupcake tin with olive oil spray and press the wonton wrappers down using your fingers. Bake the wonton wrappers for 5 minutes.
- Fill the wonton cups with 1 tbsp of the filling and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the wonton wrappers are golden brown and the filling is heated through. Garnish with parsley and serve hot!