There’s nothing like a big bowl of tomato soup to dip your grilled cheese in on a rainy day. Or any day at all because who needs a reason other than hunger to eat a grilled cheese and tomato soup?
I love these because they’re easy to make and fun to eat. Eating comfort food like grilled cheese and tomato soup just make you feel good.
These Truffle Grilled Cheese Dippers will take you right back to your childhood while adding a touch of sophistication. They make a great kids meal too!
Grilled Cheese Dippers The Whole Family Will Love.
- 8 pieces of white bread
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 4 tbs butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- White or black truffle oil to drizzle
- Cut the crust off each slice of bread
- Heat a medium sized non-stick pan with olive oil over medium high heat
- Flatten the bread to about 1/4-inch thickness with a rolling pin
- Sprinkle about 2 tbs of mozzarella on each piece
- Roll the bread tightly –
- As you finish rolling each piece, place them in the heated pan seam side down
- Add 1 tbs of butter at a time
- Cook until all sides are golden brown and cheese has melted
- Drizzle truffle oil over the dippers and serve immediately with your favorite bowl of tomato soup
* If you don’t have a rolling pin, use a wine bottle!
* Using a combination of olive oil and butter will keep the grilled cheese from burning while turning it a niceÂ golden brownÂ