Classic buffalo chicken dip turned into delicious and crispy Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls. They’re easy to make and a great game day appetizer or snack.
Pile on that shredded chicken, cream cheese, hot sauce, ranch dressing, and more! These buffalo chicken egg rolls are filled with that classic buffalo chicken dip you know and love, and wrapped in egg roll wrappers that get crispy in the air fryer or oven.
These spicy egg rolls are best paired with cool ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing for dipping.
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
Prepare your tastebuds for a snack people won’t stop talking about! These tasty air fryer buffalo chicken egg rolls are crispy on the outside and packed with bold buffalo flavor, gooey cheese, and creamy ranch dressing.
I love making these buffalo chicken egg rolls in the air fryer, but they can also be made in the oven.
No matter how you make them, they are undeniably delicious (and addicting); you will have everyone begging you for this easy recipe.
Chicken: you can use chicken breasts, however, in order to save time, I like to use a rotisserie chicken from the store. They are pre-cooked and can be shredded quickly and easily while they are still warm.
Cheese: an essential ingredient in buffalo chicken egg rolls, is a blend of delicious cheeses that marry and melt together in a tasty way. To achieve this, you will need whipped cream cheese, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
Dressings and sauce: add that classic (and loved) buffalo flavor with ranch dressing and buffalo hot sauce!
Vegetables: add the a subtle peppery crunch with fresh green onions.
Egg roll wrappers: wrap it all up with egg roll wrappers. They’re easy to work with and get super crispy when baked,
*For a detailed list of ingredients and measurements, please reference the recipe card down below.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
1. Preheat the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 375° F. (See notes in the recipe card for oven instructions)
2. Make the filling. In a large mixing bowl, combine the whipped cream cheese, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, shredded cheeses, and sliced green onions. Then fold in the chicken.
3. Fill the egg rolls. Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond shape. Place two tablespoons of the filling crosswise in the center of the bottom half of the wrapper.
Fold the bottom corner over the filling and roll snugly halfway to cover the filling.
Dip your finger in water and moisten the edges of the wrapper. Fold in both sides snugly against filling. Roll and seal top corner. Lay seam side down until ready to cook.
4. Air fry egg rolls. Brush a thin layer of olive oil over all sides of the egg rolls. Place the egg rolls in the air fryer basket, seem side down, and cook for 6-7 minutes. Flip and cook 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Serve. When ready, garnish with more sliced green onions if you like and serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.
How do I Keep Egg Rolls Warm While Cooking in Batches?
If you’re working in batches, you’ll want to keep your egg rolls warm while the others are cooking.
Grab a baking sheet or cooling rack and place the egg rolls you have made on it. Once you have them all arranged, pop them into a warm, low-temperature oven (200 F is usually good) to keep them warm, but not continue to cook.
Buffalo Chicken Egg Roll Tips and Tricks
Air Fryer Tip: when you are cooking in the air fryer, flipping isn’t 100% necessary but it does help to turn them if you are looking to give them a more even browning on all sides.
Oven instructions: don’t have an air fryer or are looking to cook in 1 larger batch, consider baking your buffalo chicken egg rolls in the oven.
To start, preheat the oven to 425 F. Place the egg rolls on a baking sheet in a single layer and brush a thin layer of olive oil over all sides. Bake on the middle rack for 10-12 minutes, flip and cook 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Pairings: pair your egg rolls with celery sticks, carrots, buffalo wing sauce, ranch dressing, and creamy blue cheese dipping sauce.
Should I Air Fry or Bake Egg Rolls?
I prefer the air fryer because they cook quickly and more evenly. If you don’t have an air fryer, the oven method works too!
Can you Freeze Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls?
Absolutely! Egg rolls are one of the best snacks to make and freeze because they freeze so well.
They are great to make in a large batch and keep in the freezer for days or nights when you don’t want to cook, hungry kids (or yourself) looking for a snack, game day appetizers, or unexpected guests that pop by.
Another reason why I love making and freezing them is that you can pull only what you need out of the freezer as opposed to feeling obligated to eat the entire batch all at once.
To freeze your chicken egg rolls, assemble and air fry or bake as instructed. Once they are done, allow the egg rolls to cool completely and then transfer them into a freezer bag or airtight container.
Can I Freeze Leftover Egg Roll Wrappers?
To maximize the shelf life of your wrappers, toss them in the freezer and pull them out when needed. By storing them in the freezer correctly, it will allow them to last for about 6 months.
How to Reheat Leftover Egg Rolls
I love reheating egg rolls in the air fryer. They reheat super quick and keep their crispy outside. To reheat:
- Preheat the air fryer to 300 F.
- Place the egg rolls in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until reheated to your liking.
To reheat in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Arrange the egg rolls in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 2-3 minutes, flip and bake 2-3 more minutes.
What is Traditionally in an Egg Roll?
Traditionally, egg rolls feature shredded cabbage, chopped meat or meats like chopped pork, chicken, and/or shrimp, diced vegetables like carrots and bean sprouts, all wrapped in wheat flour or egg wrapper and deep fried in hot oil.
Heplful Kitchen Tools:
When making homemade buffalo chicken egg rolls, I found the following kitchen tools super helpful to have handy.
Paper towels: when air frying, I like to place my egg rolls on paper towels because although they aren’t greasy like deep fried egg rolls, this absorbs any leftover spray oil from cooking and ensures you get a healthier egg roll!
Mixing bowls: you can’t prep the mixture without mixing bowls! I recommend using a nice size medium bowl. If you are preparing a larger batch, consider upgrading to a large bowl.
Pastry Brush: I like to use the pastry brush for brushing on olive oil right before cooking.
More Easy Appetizers
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries With Tahini Dipping Sauce
- 20+ Air Fryer Appetizers
- Mexican Street Cornbread
- Air Fried Pickles
- Mango Pineapple Salsa
- Maryland Crab Pretzels
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoons
More Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Pho Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Air Fryer Chicken And Broccoli
- Oven Baked Chicken Tenders
More Recipes to Try
WANT TO TRY THIS BUFFALO CHICKEN EGG ROLLS RECIPE?
PIN IT to your chicken recipes, super bowl recipes, or appetizer recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
- 2 cups shredded chicken, I like to use a rotisserie chicken
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 20 egg roll wraps
- Preheat the air fryer to 375° F. (See notes for oven instructions)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the whipped cream cheese, ranch dressing, hot sauce, shredded cheeses, and sliced green onions. Then fold in the chicken.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond shape. Place two tablespoons of the filling crosswise in the center of the bottom half of the wrapper. Fold the bottom corner over the filling and roll snugly half-way to cover filling. Dip your finger in water and moisten the edges of the wrapper. Fold in both sides snugly against filling. Roll and seal top corner. Lay seem side down until ready to cook.
- Brush a thin layer of olive oil over all sides of the egg rolls. Place the egg rolls in the air fryer basket, seem side down and cook 6-7 minutes. Flip and cook 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- If working in batches, place cooked egg rolls in the oven at 200° F to keep them warm. When ready, garnish with more sliced green onions if you like and serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.
- Oven instructions: preheat the oven to 425 F. Place the egg rolls on a baking sheet in a single layer and brush a thin layer of olive oil over all sides. Bake on the middle rack for 10-12 minutes, flip and cook 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- If cooking in the air fryer, flipping isn’t 100% necessary but it does help to give them a more even browning.