What’s better than tender, juicy pork chops bursting with flavor? Not much, right? The savory taste of thyme and oregano accompanied by a sweet, buttery brown sugar mixture give these chops the perfect balance of sweet and savory.
These pork chops start off on the stove top and finish in the oven.Â Searing these babies on the cast iron skillet gives them a nice caramelized outside while keeping them tender and juicy on the inside.
I’ve talked about how much I love my cast iron skillet before. They’re inexpensive and virtually indestructible. I’m pretty sure the cast iron skillet in my kitchen might get more use than my shower…ok that’s a bit of an exaggeration but seriously, I use it ALL the time!
My all time favorite recipes are 10 ingredients or less, super quick to make, and require very little clean up. Like this Grilled Halibut or these Easy Blackened Shrimp, and now these 15 Minute Brown Sugar Pork Chops! In my opinion, some of the best pork chop recipes have less than 10 ingredients. To make this pork chop recipe even better, most of the ingredients on the list are things that are typically found in your kitchen.
We’re all busy and sometimes cooking dinner is really just one less thing you want to worry about. With all these new delivery apps, it’s too easy to order delivery from your favorite restaurant. But cooking can be easy, too! Especially when you’re only dirtying up one pan. Yea, that’s right, these succulent pork chops only require ONE pan!
15 Minute Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- 2 boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoons oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a 10'' cast iron skillet heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Sear pork chops for 3 minutes on each side. Remove skillet from heat and and set pork chops aside on a plate. Add butter, brown sugar, garlic, and herbs to the skillet and mix until combined.
- Return pork chops to then skillet and spoon sauce over them, making sure each pork chop is completely covered.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake the pork chops until thoroughly cooked through (about 140 F) for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let rest for 3-5 minutes, plate, and spoon the remaining sauce over each pork chop.