Guacamole Breakfast Sandwiches are a MUST! Buttery rolls with guacamole, crispy bacon, melty cheese, and a secret ingredient that sends them over the top!
This post was developed in paid partnership with KING’S HAWAIIAN®. Thank you for being supportive of me working with the brands I use and love!
During the week, I’m known for grabbing a piece of fruit or quickly scrambling eggs and calling it “breakfast,” but on the weekends, I like to get a little more creative with my breakfast options.
While I love a sugary French toast, breakfast sandwiches are my go-to because they don’t take too much time to make and are always SO delicious!
They’re quick, easy, and so customizable, too. If you have picky eaters in the house, it’s easy to swap ingredients or leave something out. As a kid, I never wanted cheese on anything—so my mom would have to make my eggs first!
These Guacamole Breakfast Sandwich Sliders, featuring KING’S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, hit the spot every time and are a real crowd pleaser for the whole family.
KING’S HAWAIIAN Bread stays true to the original island recipe delivering a unique, soft and fluffy texture with a touch of sweetness for the perfect sweet and savory balance in this egg sandwich!
You can grab a 24 pack of KING’S HAWAIIAN Sweet Rolls at Safeway to feed the whole family! KING’S HAWAIIAN Bread will make any of your breakfast ideas irresistibly delicious.
But Why Is This Breakfast Sandwich So Special?
When it comes to breakfast food, a really good breakfast sandwich will always stand above the rest in my book.
Especially when that breakfast sandwich comes with toasted rolls, melty cheddar cheese, fresh guacamole, crispy bacon, and pomegranate seeds—yes, pomegranate seeds! They are the secret ingredient to making this breakfast sandwich one for the books.
They add such a bright and tangy flavor to your classic breakfast sandwich that you wouldn’t expect.
The KING’S HAWAIIAN rolls get lightly toasted, so they’re still buttery and soft but also have a thin crispy layer, and it’s just absolutely delicious!
Perfect On-The-Go Breakfast
Guacamole Breakfast Sandwich Sliders are the ULTIMATE breakfast sandwich and can easily be taken to go! If you’re running out the door for weekend errands, just grab 1 or 2 sliders to eat on the go.
They’re a great breakfast recipe for little hands, too, and are easily customizable. Feel free to get creative and let the kids help! You can swap bacon for deli meat or pomegranate seeds for another citrusy fruit you love.
How To Make Guacamole Breakfast Sliders
These breakfast sliders come together in 3 easy steps! You can use homemade guacamole or store-bought.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- KING’S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (I grabbed these at Safeway)
- bacon (I prefer thick cut)
- guacamole (store-bought or homemade)
- cheddar cheese (or American cheese)
- pomegranate seeds (1000% necessary)
Here’s how it’s done:
1. Toast the rolls: Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat with 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter. Slice the rolls in half and place them in the skillet to toast for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Transfer the toasted rolls to a platter.
2. Cook the bacon: Increase the heat to medium-high, add bacon, and cook for 3-4 minutes until brown and crispy—flipping once halfway through. Drain the fat from the pan, and transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Slice the bacon strips in half and set aside. I love to cook my bacon in the air fryer.
3. Fry the eggs: Add 1/2 tablespoon of butter or olive oil to the pan, crack the eggs, and fry until the white part has set but the yolks are still runny—about 2-3 minutes. Place the cheese slices over each yolk about 45 seconds before removing it from the pan. Transfer the eggs to a plate, and use a small cookie cutter to cut out perfect-sized circles for the mini rolls.
4. Assemble the breakfast sandwiches: Spread guacamole on the bottom half of each roll, top with pomegranate seeds and bacon. Then, add the fried egg. Serve immediately.
More Breakfast Recipes You Might Like
WANT TO TRY THIS BREAKFAST SANDWICH RECIPE?
PIN IT to your breakfast recipes or breakfast sandwiches board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Guacamole Breakfast Sandwich Sliders
- 8 rolls
- 8 eggs
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese, sliced into 4 small squares
- Heat a large skillet over medium low heat with 1.5 tablespoons of butter. Slice the rolls in half and place them in the skillet to toast for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Transfer the toasted rolls to a platter.
- Increase the heat to medium high, add bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes until brown and crispy, flipping once halfway through. Drain the fat from the pan and transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Slice the bacon strips in half and set aside.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of butter or olive oil to the pan, crack the eggs and fry until the white part has set but the yolks are still runny, about 2-3 minutes. Place a slice of cheese over each yolk about 45 seconds before removing it from the pan. Transfer the eggs to a plate and use a small cookie cutter to cut out perfect sized circles for the mini rolls.*
- Spread guacamole on the bottom half of each roll, top with pomegranate seeds and bacon, then add the fried egg. Serve immediately.