Caramelized Onion and Bacon Pizza is made with naan bread so you don’t have to worry about pizza dough! This flatbread pizza is easy and super delicious.
I loooove making flatbread pizzas. They’re one of my favorite things to make for lunch or dinner. This one combines two ingredients that go hand in hand—bacon and caramelized onions.
Bacon Pizza Recipe
The best thing about pizza is you can make it whatever you want it to be. You really can’t go wrong with a classic cheese pizza or a savory pizza loaded with all your favorite toppings. Heck, you can even make a dessert pizza with nutella and fresh berries!
Today we’re making Caramelized Onion And Bacon Pizza with naan bread! I feel like I’ve been on a real bacon kick lately, adding it to everything, like these Smothered Pork Chops, and this Mexican Street Corn White Chicken Chili.
Caramelized onions are easily one of the most delicious and versatile things you can make. You can even make a double batch and save some in the fridge for later! With just a few ingredients you can easily make perfectly sweet and golden onions.
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Caramelized onions do take a little bit of time to make but they’re soooo worth it. Slowly they go from crisp onions with a sharp bite to soft onions that are sweet and delicious.
1. Slice the onions. First, thinly slice the onions. Try to make them equal sized so they all cook evenly.
2. Heat the pan. Melt some butter and olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
3. Caramelize the onions. Add the onions to the pan, tossing to coat with butter, let them sit undisturbed for about 5-8 minutes. Stir occasionally until the onions are golden brown. Letting them sit for a few minutes in between stirring is the key to getting them to turn golden brown.
How To Make Bacon Pizza
I am really not much of a baker, so making pizza dough from scratch is certainly not for me. That’s why I love using naan instead.
Making flatbread pizza is as simple as taking naan bread out of the packaging, toasting it in the oven with some cheese and adding the toppings!
It truly is one of the easiest things to make.
1. Prepare the toppings. Cook the bacon (I love to cook bacon in the air fryer) and make the caramelized onions.
2. Toast the naan. Preheat the oven to 425F and add a thin layer of cheese to the naan. Toast it in the oven for 4-5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
3. Add the toppings. Add a pinch of fresh thyme, pepper, bacon, and caramelized onions. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the naan bread is toasted.
Some Questions You Might Have About Flatbread Pizza
What’s the difference between flatbread and pizza?
Flatbread dough is made with ingredients that do not cause it to rise, it’s usually a rectangular shape with a thinner, crispier crust. Whereas pizza usually has a thicker crust that rises a bit when cooked.
Can I store this bacon pizza in the fridge for later?
You sure can! To reheat the pizza, preheat the oven to 350F and bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the flatbread is heated all the way through.
What else can I put on my flatbread pizza?
The possibilities are absolutely endless! You can use all kinds of different cheeses like burrata or mozzarella. Most fresh vegetables make delicious toppings too! Fresh corn and asparagus are some of my favorite veggie pizza toppings.
More Recipes You Might Like
- Baked Brie And Apple Flatbread Pizza
- Crispy Air Fryer French Fries
- Spinach And Ricotta Stuffed Peppers
- Garlic Parmesan French Fries
WANT TO TRY THIS BACON PIZZA RECIPE?
PIN IT to your pizza recipes, dinner recipes, or flatbread recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Caramelized Onion And Bacon Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Arrange the bacon in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy. Chop the bacon and set aside.
- While the bacon is cooking, prepare the onions. Melt butter and olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat, then add the onions and toss to coat. Let them sit undisturbed for 5-8 minutes, then stir occasionally until the onions turn golden brown.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over each piece of naan and bake at 400 F for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Then top the naan with the rest of the cheese, fresh thyme, bacon, caramelized onions, and fresh cracked pepper and bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the naan is toasted.