If you haven’t figured it out by now…I LOVE avocado toast. It’s pretty much all I eat for breakfast Monday-Friday.
I love it for two reasons – it’s super easy and quick to make, and it’s delicious. Avocado is a healthy fat, making this dish the perfect breakfast.
I very much look forward to breakfast on Sunday mornings. This is when I have the most time to get a little creative. I’m pretty into simple breakfasts like this One Pan Leftover Breakfast Skillet and this Avocado Toast.
Traditional avocado toast was my go-to for a while, but sometimes I like to step it up and add fun things like pickled red onions, cheese, or eggs.
This Egg In A Hole Avocado Toast, also known as egg in the basket is a quick and healthy breakfast everyone will love (even the kids).
- 2 pieces of whole wheat bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs feta cheese
- 1 avocado
- Pickled red onions to taste
- 1 tbs fresh basil (chopped)
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- .5 tbs butter
- Heat a medium sized pan with butter and olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Cut a hole in each piece of bread, big enough to fit an egg – about 3.5 inches.
- Place bread in pan and toast for 1 minute, flip and crack egg in hole. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes or until egg is cooked to your liking.
- Remove from pan and spread avocado on toast around the eggs.
- Top with fresh basil, red pepper flakes, pickled onions, and feta cheese.
- I used a stainless steel dough cutter to make a hole for the egg.
- Use a lid to cover the pan if the eggs aren’t cooking quick enough.
Want to try this Egg In Hole Avocado Toast?
PIN IT to your avocado or breakfast board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I'm always pinning!