This Mango Pineapple Salsa Recipe is slightly sweet, slightly spicy, and totally addicting! And it takes just a few minutes to mix up!
Use this mango and pineapple salsa over spicy shrimp tacos for an easy dinner or scoop it up with tortilla chips for a fresh take on traditional salsa. You’ll love the way these fresh flavors come together!
Pineapple Mango Salsa Recipe
If you love sweet and spicy flavors as much as I do, you’ve got to give this fruit salsa a try. With ripe and juicy mango and pineapple, it’s got major tropical vibes and the addition of jalapeños gives it some smoky heat. If you don’t love spice you can easily use less jalapeños.
You won’t be surprised by this, but as much as I love this salsa with tortilla chips (or let’s be real, straight out of the bowl!) it is a MUST on my shrimp tacos.
It takes less than 15 minutes to make it and if you want to shave off even more time, you could buy your fruit already prepped ahead so you just need to dice it. I can’t wait for you to try it!
Mango and Pineapple Salsa Ingredients
Sweet mangos, tangy pineapple, and spicy jalapeño come together to bring the freshest flavors into this quick and easy tropical salsa recipe. With a little heat from the jalapeño, it’s the perfect balance of sweet and spicy.
- Fruit – fresh mango and juicy pineapple
- Vegetables – red onion, jalapeño, fresh cilantro
- Citrus – a few tablespoons of lime juice
- Extras – olive oil
While this is a new summer staple for us, you can easily make this salsa year-round using canned fruit if you don’t have fresh fruit available.
*For a detailed list of ingredients and measurements, please reference the recipe card down below.
How to Make Easy Pineapple Mango Salsa Recipe
- Prep ingredients. Using a sharp knife, finely dice the mango, chop pineapple, onion, and jalapeño pepper. Roughly chop the cilantro.
- Mix the salsa. In a mixing bowl, combine the mango, pineapple, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and olive oil.
You can adjust the heat level by swapping jalapeño for bell peppers for a mild salsa or adding some of the seeds from the jalapeño for more heat.
How to cut a mango
Cutting a mango doesn’t have to be overwhelming, I’ll break it down for you:
- Stand up mango so that the stem is facing upwards.
- Cut along the center pit as closely as you can so that you have two large pieces. Trim any other large pieces off of the pit.
- Carefully trim the skin off of the fruit pieces and then cut as desired.
How to cut a pineapple
Here’s the best way to cut pineapple:
- Slice off the top (crown) and bottom of pineapple.
- Stand on the bottom side and carefully slice away the skin from the fruit, working your way around the whole pineapple.
- Cut in 4 pieces lengthwise from the top to bottom.
- Remove core from each piece and then cut as desired. For this pineapple mango recipe, we’re finely dicing the pineapple.
Mango Salsa Recipe Variations
You can easily customize this pineapple mango jalapeño salsa by adding ingredients like:
- Green onions – thinly slice and use both white and green sections
- Red bell pepper – dice finely
- Black beans – this will make it extra satisfying
- Lime zest – be careful to not get the pith or it will make your salsa bitter
- Creamy avocado – dice finely
- Habanero peppers – if you love heat, this will add it
- Fresh peaches – peel and dice the peaches
What goes with pineapple mango salsa?
I love to serve this easy salsa recipe over my cilantro lime shrimp tacos. The tequila shrimp in the tacos pair so perfectly with the salsa! But it’s incredibly versatile and can be used in many different ways:
- Use fresh pineapple mango salsa for fish
- As a topping for blackened shrimp
- Serve with a bowl of tortilla chips
- Add too rice bowls
What can I do with leftover pineapple salsa?
Easy Dinner Recipes to try
- One Pan Skillet Enchiladas
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Garlic Tuscan Salmon
- Blackened Salmon Rice Bowls
WANT TO TRY THIS PINEAPPLE MANGO SALSA RECIPE?
PIN IT to your dip recipes, fruit recipes, or dinners board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Mango Pineapple Salsa
- 1 mango finely diced
- 1/2 of a small pineapple finely diced
- 1/2 of a small red onion finely diced
- 1 jalapeño seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Finely dice the mango, pineapple, red onion, and jalapeño. Roughly chop the cilantro.
- Combine the mango, pineapple, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and olive oil in a mixing bowl.