Looking to upgrade taco night? Try out these spicy shrimp tacos with mango salsa! My Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos are loaded with lime, cilantro, and jalapeño flavors.
They’re topped with a sweet and spicy mango pineapple salsa. These Mexican shrimp tacos cook up fast and make a delicious and easy dinner.
Cilantro Lime Spicy Shrimp Taco Recipe
One bite of these and you’ll want to make taco night an every-night-of-the-week type situation. Let me explain.
Tortillas are topped with a spicy and smoky tequila lime shrimp and finished off with a spoonful of sweet mango pineapple salsa. Each bite has ALL of the flavors you are after: bright, smoky, spicy, sweet. Yes, it really is as delicious as it sounds.
And because these tacos come together in about 20 minutes, it’s totally doable for a fast dinner any night of the week.
You may even skip the restaurant for this meal!
Mexican Shrimp Taco Ingredients
You’ll need just a few components to make these tacos:
- Tequila lime shrimp – large shrimp are cooked with chili powder, fresh lime juice, a big splash of tequila (or Mezcal), fresh garlic, some olive oil, and finished with lime zest and cilantro leaves.
- Mango pineapple salsa – made with fresh mangos, pineapples, red onion, and spicy jalapeño.
- Taco stuff – Corn or flour tortillas, cilantro, sliced jalapeño, and lime wedges and zest for serving.
The tequila shrimp are SO good and if you have extra shrimp, you can serve them in brown rice bowls or over zucchini noodles the next day.
How to Make Spicy Shrimp Tacos
- Make the tequila shrimp. The shrimp cook in a large skillet in less than 10 minutes.
- Mix up mango pineapple salsa. You can prep the salsa up to a day in advance if you want.
- Assemble cilantro shrimp tacos. Add shrimp to tortillas and top with salsa and any other fresh toppings.
Are These Mexican Style Shrimp Tacos Spicy?
This spicy shrimp taco recipe definitely has some heat, but you can easily lessen the spice levels by using less jalapeño in the Tequila Lime Shrimp and the Pineapple Mango Salsa.
Start with 1/4 or 1/2 of the jalapeño, you can always add more jalapeño to the mango salsa tacos when you are serving them.
What Do You Put On Shrimp Tacos?
I like to put a hefty spoonful of my pineapple mango salsa on top of the lime shrimp tacos. You can also top them with:
- Lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro
- Sliced jalapeño
- Sour cream
- Shredded cabbage
- Fresh corn
I love to serve them with tortilla chips and guacamole on the side!
Can You Use Flour Tortillas?
Yes, while most Mexican shrimp taco recipes use corn tortillas, you can use flour tortillas if it’s what you prefer. Both are delicious options. Look for smaller, taco size tortillas if you’re going to use flour tortillas.
For extra flavor, char the tortillas on a gas stove until lightly charred. Watch them closely, they can burn easily.
Tips For The Best Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos
- Use jumbo shrimp in tequila lime shrimp.
- Don’t overcook the shrimp. Shrimp cooks quickly, so take it off the heat once it’s done or it will get rubbery. You can tell when they are done cooking when the shrimp turn a light pink color.
- Use perfectly ripe fruit for mango salsa.
- Serve with plenty of topping options. Half of the fun of mango shrimp tacos is letting everyone build their own tacos!
More Shrimp Recipes To Try
If you love these easy spicy shrimp tacos, you might also love these other shrimp recipes:
- Blackened Shrimp Tacos
- Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Basil Pesto Shrimp Pasta
- Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Spaghetti
- BBQ Shrimp Spaghetti Squash Boats
- Easy Blackened Shrimp
WANT TO TRY THIS SHRIMP TACOS WITH MANGO SALSA RECIPE?
PIN IT to your shrimp recipes, taco recipes, or dinner recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Cilantro Lime Spicy Shrimp Tacos
Tequila Lime Shrimp
Mango Pineapple Salsa
- 1 mango, finely diced
- 1/2 of a small pineapple, finely diced
- 1/2 of a small red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 small tortillas, corn or flour
- cilantro, sliced jalapeño, and lime wedges and zest for serving
Tequila Lime Shrimp
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, chili powder, and brown sugar.
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy bottomed pan medium high heat. Sauté garlic for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Arrange the shrimp in a single layer and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Immediately after flipping the shrimp, add the lime juice, mezcal, and jalapeño to the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes or until shrimp are opaque and cooked through.
Mango Pineapple Salsa
- Finely dice the mango, pineapple, red onion, and jalapeño. Roughly chop the cilantro.
- Combine the mango, pineapple, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and olive oil in a mixing bowl.
- Divide the mango pineapple salsa and shrimp between tortillas.
- Garnish each taco with cilantro, sliced jalapeño, lime juice and zest. Serve warm.