Meal prepping is tough, it’s a lot of work and definitely takes up a lot of room in the fridge! BUT it’s totally worth it. ItÂ saves you a lot of time that you don’t have during the week andÂ saves a lot of cash money…which meansÂ hello cute new shoes!
These Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls are perfect for those of you who are just getting into the meal prep groove.
I’m not a picky eater but I am definitely picky when it comes to leftovers and eating the same thing over and over.
I enjoy eating food with lots of flavor but it can be tough to find easy meal prep recipes that are bursting with flavor. So I’m on a mission to create meals that aren’t boring.
With that being said, welcome to my Meal Prep That Doesn’t Suck series!
I’m kicking it off with this awesome and healthy recipe I found from SkinnyTaste. She’s amazing and gives me so many fun ideas.
You can spice this up a little by adding mushrooms, onions, or chicken!
Healthy Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna Rolls
- 10 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
- 15 oz fat free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- salt and fresh pepper
- 2 cups tomato basil sauce
- 3 ozÂ part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350Â°
- Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- SpreadÂ about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.
- Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry.
- SpreadÂ 1/3 cup of ricotta evenly over noodle.
- Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- SpreadÂ sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese.
- Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts.
* Two of these usually fill me up!