Avocado has literally become one of my best friends during Whole30. It’s creamy, filling, and goes with just about everything. This was my first time having avocado alongside salmon, and if it’s your first time too well, you’re in for a treat! It’s also another one of my 30 minutes or less recipes and it’s been a huge hit in my house.
The creaminess of the avocado pairs perfectly with the crispy pan-seared salmon.Â You don’t have to be committed to the Whole30 diet to love this one!
This technique produces fast, excellent results with minimal work. Perfect pan-seared salmon will be moist and tender on the inside and crisp on the outside. The key is to cook the salmon skin side down until it is about 80% done, that way the delicate flesh is protected from the direct heat of the pan this also prevents the salmon filets from falling apart and sticking to the pan.
- Use a splatter guard to keep the oil from flying out of the pan.
- A well oiled cast iron skillet will yield the best results.
- Cook salmon filets skin side down until they are about 80% done.
- Use silicone tongs to maneuver the salmon filets, lifting each one a few times to make sure it isn’t sticking.
For extra flavor, try drizzling DIVINO Lime Infused Olive Oil over each salmon filet after cooking. ‘JZEATS’ will save you 40% on your first order!
If you’re thinking about trying Whole30, my advice to you is to focus on all the delicious foods you CAN eat, like this delicious Pan Seared Salmon recipe, not the foods you can’t eat. You can read more about my Whole30 experience here.
Want to try this Pan Seared Salmon With Avocado Salsa?
Whole30 Recipes: Pan Seared Salmon With Avocado Salsa
- 12 oz salmon filets
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 plum tomatoes, cubed (pretty much any tomato will work)
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 1/4 cup bone broth
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion, diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp DIVINO Lime Infused Olive Oil - optional