Pistachio Crusted Salmon is made in the air fryer in less than 10 minutes! It’s crispy and full of flavor, basically the best air fryer salmon recipe ever.
The best salmon recipe
I don’t know how many times I can say this without it getting annoying but I LOVE MY AIR FRYER! I still can’t believe I waited a whole year to start cooking in the air fryer. Once you’ve used it a few times it pretty much becomes second nature.
But that’s besides the point. The point is, I know how to use it now and I’m obsessed with it. Everything cooks super fast and there’s literally nothing better than having dinner on the table in under 15 minutes, right?
Oh yea I said it you can have a full dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes with this air fryer salmon. Keep reading because I’ll pair some side dishes to go with it that will still allow you to have dinner on the table in under 15 minutes!Pistachio Crusted Salmon is made in the air fryer in less than 10 minutes! It's crispy and full of flavor, basically the best air fryer salmon recipe ever.
Ok so this pistachio crusted salmon is AMAZING. So amazing that it’s my new favorite thing and my favorite way to cook salmon as of yet. I say this a lot but I get super passionate about cooking and when I find something new that is just downright delicious, it becomes my favorite! I can’t help it.
It’s covered in a mint, dill, and lemony mayonnaise, then topped with chopped pistachios and air fried for six minutes. Yes, only six minutes! You could make three batches of this salmon in less time than it would take to bake it in the oven.
Air Fryer Salmon is Keto friendly
Salmon is already packed with healthy fats and mayonaise is essentially a high-quality fat bomb, making this the ideal combination for the Ketogenic diet. Pistachios offer a power trio of plant protein, healthy fats, and filling fiber.
How to make salmon in the air fryer
Making salmon in the air fryer is easy, it’s also my new favorite way to cook it. I feel like I say this every time I come out with a new salmon recipe, but salmon is SO delicious and whenever I come up with a new way to make it I get excited!
This really is the best salmon recipe ever. I especially love it because of the short cooking time, so it’s the best weeknight dinner!
Here are the steps:
- Preheat the air fryer (this is something many people don’t know to do) to 400 F and spray the air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Season the salmon filets with your favorite all purpose seasoning or salt and pepper to taste. This is the seasoning I use.
- Combine the mayonnaise with mint, dill, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Then spoon the mayonnaise mixture over the tops of the salmon. Top each filet with a heaping amount of chopped pistachios.
- Lightly spray the salmon with olive oil and air fry for 6 minutes. If you’re using a larger piece of salmon, continue cooking the salmon in 1 minute increments until cooked to your liking.
Alternatively, you can cook the salmon in the oven. To do this, place the salmon filets on a lined baking sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to your liking.
side dishes for air fryer salmon
- Herb and mushroom couscous
- Broccolini with marcona almonds
- Cilantro lime farro
- Chili lime roasted carrots
If you want to keep your total meal time under 15 minutes, I suggest serving it with broccolini because it cooks super fast and everything will all be finished at the same time.
If you’re cool with having dinner prepared and served in 30 minutes or less, any of those side dishes listed above are perfect!
My favorite side dish for this air fryer salmon recipe is the Herb and Mushroom Couscous. I’ve been making couscous for years but this couscous recipe is by far my favorite way of making it.
Some questions you might have about air fryers:
What are some of the best and easy air fryer healthy recipes?
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer French Fries
Where can I find more recipes for my Airfryer? I listed some of my favorite air fryer recipes above, but Pinterest is a great place to source recipes too!
What are the best air fryers?
There are so many different brands of air fryers to choose from, I have the GoWise Air Fryer but here are a few other great brands to check out:
What air fryer accessories do I need?
There are so many air fryer accessories out there, I can’t list them all, but here are the essentials:
Want to try Pistachio Crusted Air Fryer Salmon?
PIN IT to your salmon, air fryer fish recipes , or 15 minutes or less board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I'm always pinning!
Air Fryer Salmon
- 5 ounces salmon filets, about 5 ounces each
- 4 fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1.5 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1/4 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise, this is the brand I used
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, about half a lemon
- olive oil cooking spray
- all purpose seasoning or pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400 and spray the basket with olive oil.
- Season the salmon with all purpose seasoning or pepper to taste. I used the every day seasoning from Trader Joe's.
- Combine mayonnaise with mint, dill, and lemon juice in a small bowl, then spoon a generous amount over each salmon filet. Top each filet with a heaping portion of chopped pistachios. I like to put the salmon in the air fryer before dressing it with the mayo mixture to save on cleanup and so I don't have to worry about messing it up when trying to put it in the basket.
- Lightly spray the salmon with olive oil and air fry the filets for 6 minutes. If you're using a larger piece of salmon, air fry it for additional time in 1 minute increments. Remember, air fryers cook things quickly!
- Using a small spatula, carefully remove the salmon from the air fryer and plate. Garnish with fresh dill if desired.