A Chili Lime Pulled Chicken recipe that is so juicy and made in a slow cooker, so you can set it and forget it! Great for sandwiches, rice bowls, or by itself.
Slow cooker recipes are so in right now. And with good reason! I mean, what’s not to love about a meal that doesn’t need to be tended to the entire time it’s cooking?
If you have a programmable slow cooker, you won’t need to worry about the chicken overcooking.
Anything made in a slow cooker comes out packed with flavor because it all the ingredients sits together for hours and slowly meld together; really locking in that flavor!
This recipe takes 10 minutes to prep and only uses four ingredients. Clean up is quick and easy, and this pulled chicken is something the whole family will love.
This Chili Lime Pulled Chicken is perfect for sandwiches, meal preps, salads, and even by itself. Last week I added it to the Chili Lime Pulled Chicken Bowl Meal Prep and ate it every day for a week! (That’s how you know it’s good).
Seriously lock in the flavor by searing the chicken on a cast iron skillet for about a minute on each side before placing in the slow cooker.
After 5 hours, the chicken is so tender it practically falls apart — making shredding simple and quick.
Despite what the time stamp on the recipe below says, this Slow Cooker Chili Lime Pulled Chicken is quick to make. The total prep time for this recipe is about 10 minutes. Let the slow cooker work its magic for a couple hours.
Check out more of my recipes here.
Want to try this Slow Cooker Chili Lime Pulled Chicken?
Slow Cooker Chili Lime Pulled Chicken
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 limes, juice of both, zest of 1
- 1 white or yellow onion, sliced into 1 inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon paprika, sweet not smoked
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil, for cooking
- Heat a heavy bottom pan, like a cast iron, on medium-high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. **Searing the chicken is OPTIONAL, but it does help to lock in moisture and will speed up cook time**
- Combine the paprika, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder in a small mixing bowl. Then add the seasoning mixture to the chicken evenly on both sides.
- Sear the chicken on each side for 1-2 minutes. Then line the bottom of the slow cooker with the onion. Place the chicken in the slow cooker and top with lime zest and juice, cook on high for 2.5 hours. Top the chicken with lime zest. Alternatively, you can cook it on low for 4-5 hours.
- When chicken is ready, remove from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Place the chicken back in the slow cooker with juices, and cook on low for an additional 15-20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker with tongs or a slotted spoon and serve!