The perfect treat for Valentine’s Day! These OREO Truffles only have a few simple ingredients and are super easy to make!
OREO Truffle Recipe
OREO Truffles are one of my favorite desserts! They are perfect for anytime of year, but an especially great Valentine’s Day recipe.
With things still being a little different, I wanted to do something fun and unique for some special people in my life.
You really can’t go wrong with a recipe that calls for OREO’s, cream cheese, and chocolate.
BONUS: they are easy to make and only require a handful of simple ingredients.
OREO Truffle Ingredients
Cookies: grab a pack of OREO Cookies and get ready to crush them!
Pro tip: if you are anything like me, buy an extra pack to snack on 😉.
Dairy: for this recipe, you will need a brick of softened cream cheese.
*For a list of detailed ingredients, scroll down to the recipe card below
How To Make OREO Truffle Balls
Tip: I found that the blender worked best when I did half the cookies at a time, rather than trying to crush all of them at once.
Use a fork to stir the mixture up between blends to get the finest consistency.
2. Mix cookie crumbs and cream cheese. Cover large rimmed baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. When done, mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs in a large bowl until blended.
3. Shape the OREO balls. Using a 1.5 tbsp cookie scooper, shape cream cheese mixture into balls and place on the baking sheet (or on a plate). Freeze for 20-30 minutes. You can also do this step the day before and let them chill in the fridge overnight.
4. Melt the candy. While the OREO balls are in the freezer, melt the candy melts in two separate bowls according to package instructions.
5. Dip OREO balls in candy melts. When the OREO balls are finished chilling, dip them in the white candy melts and place back on the parchment paper covered baking sheet.
Drizzle with red melted candy and add sprinkles. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
You can also melt semi sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate to drizzle over the OREO balls if you like.
Questions you may have
How long do OREO truffles last?
Provided you can keep your hands off of them, OREO truffles will last for up to 2 weeks in the fridge. If you are going to refrigerate them, I recommend placing them into an air-tight container for storage.
Do I need to refrigerate OREO truffles?
Yes! Because one of the main ingredients is dairy, they must be stored in the fridge or freezer to keep them fresh.
Why do my OREO balls crack?
The OREO truffles needs to be slightly frozen before dipping. Otherwise you will have lots of chocolate specks in your candy shell and it might not solidify correctly.
However, if you freeze them for too long before dipping them, the chocolate might crack and separate from the truffle.
Can you freeze OREO’s to keep them fresh?
Yes! I recommend placing the OREO’s into an air-tight container or a freezer bag. Best eaten before the 3 month mark in the freezer!
More Dessert Recipes To Try
- Key Lime Pie Cannoli Dip
- Banana Bread Muffins
- Edible Brownie Batter Cookie Dough
- Monster Chocolate Cake Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Cannoli Dip
Check out my roundup of all the best Valentine’s Day Recipes for more!
WANT TO TRY THIS VALENTINE’S OREO TRUFFLES RECIPE?
PIN IT to your Valentine’s Day recipes, dessert recipes, or no bake desserts recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Valentine’s Day Oreo Truffles
- Dipping tools
- Mixing bowls
- Cookie scooper
- Cover large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. When done, mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Using a 1.5 tbsp cookie scooper, shape cream cheese mixture into balls and place on the baking sheet (or on a plate). Freeze for 20-30 minutes. You can also do this step the day before and let them chill in the fridge overnight.
- While the oreo balls are in the freezer, melt the candy melts in two separate bowls according to package instructions.
- When the oreo balls are finished chilling, dip them in the white candy melts and place back on the parchment paper covered baking sheet. Drizzle with red melted candy and add sprinkles. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- To avoid the candy melts collecting at the bottom of the truffle, try placing it on a wired cooling rack overtop of the parchment lined baking sheet.