Blackened shrimp are a great addition to any dish and can be made in 3 simple steps! They’re bold and flavorful and within this recipe post you’ll learn how to make them in under 10 minutes.
Sometimes I like to make my own blacken seasoning with paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, smoked salt, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, and thyme. I was feeling lazy this time and decided to reach for my store bought blacken seasoning.
The seasoning adds an aromatic smoky taste to sweet and tender shrimp. It’s a delightful pairing.
A few weeks ago I used this Easy Blackened Shrimp Recipe to my Blackened Shrimp Taco Bowls as part of my Meal Prep That Doesn’t Suck series and they were fantastic. My boyfriend is still raving about how good these were and begs for this every week!
This Easy Blackened Shrimp recipe only calls for three ingredients and can be made in 10 minutes or less. I used a Cast iron skillet because the heat transfers better to cook the shrimp more evenly. If you don’t have one, a non-stick pan will also work but you may need to work in batches.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram for even more food adventures!
Easy blackened shrimp recipe
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp — peeled and devained
- 1/4 cup blacken seasoning
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Toss shrimp and blacken seasoning in a large mixing bowl until shrimp are fully coated.
- Add olive oil to a 10” cast iron skillet or non-stick pan and heat on medium-high.
- Lay shrimp flat on pan — do not overlap! Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
Check out more of my recipes here.